Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I played my first Maelstrom game, and won my first victory by a single point in an amazing turn 7.  I'm now 1-2.  Not bad for a beginner :smile.:

Also, it's a good excuse not to work on my Ironclads today :teehee:

Edited by Firepower

Today in the hobby I had a moment... I mostly finished painting a marine, just a simple tactical marine. But it was a few firsts for me: First time successfully painting chipping. First time free handing Chapter symbols. It will be the first time I have used weathering powders and, most importantly, the First time I have finished (or nearly) a model in years... But when I look at that model I am reminded of one of the reasons I started this hobby in the first place.

gallery_36568_9971_252826.jpg

For those interested Battle Brother Ignatio of the Interdictors Space Marine Chapter. Nothing great by most people here but for me... :wub.:

Oh and next I have to figure out how to do better/smaller pics.

Edited by Brother SP

Where do you upload your pics to? I find Photobucket gives the right kind of size. Also that's a damn fine Marine.

TITHI opened my birthday presents! Got some more Fenrisian Wolves to use as Flesh Hounds, some Possessed and a Bloodthirster!

Dragonlover

...(Well, in the past week)...started cracking on with my ten-man IF veteran squad, started building the last three terminators for the Infernal Carnival, and managed to find a pre-owned, unassembled Contemptor dreadnought from the US including international shipping...all for a price less than just buying it on my own continent! Also resolved to restart all my woefully abandoned painting logs, provided I can find the sacred camera-artefact. :dry.:

Where do you upload your pics to? I find Photobucket gives the right kind of size. Also that's a damn fine Marine.

TITHI opened my birthday presents! Got some more Fenrisian Wolves to use as Flesh Hounds, some Possessed and a Bloodthirster!

Dragonlover

Happy Birthday!

They aren't mould lines.

They are weld seams, from where the blessed mechanicum servitors repairing te drop pods after your templars repeatedly and zealously launch one crusade a after anoter against te filthy heretics!!

http://www.wobblymodelsyndrome.com/comic-72.html

Finished magnetizing my second Ironclad.  Now comes all the fidgety decorations :tongue.:

I need to do one myself. Any tips or pics for it? I remember you saying you're really into invisible magnets and I'm curious how you pulled that off with this kit. Mine's just sitting there on the sprue, waiting for me to get to work on him. 

Today in the hobby, I added some background to my Sisters force, whilst I wait for my Exorcist to arrive (eta Thursday as it's going to my local GW :smile.: ). I also have an Immolator that's been partially removed from sprues :happy.: Doesn't sound like a lot of progress, but after the last week or so, I'm surprised that I've managed that much! :blink.:

Today in the hobby I finished the moulds to be able to make these. I call it a Siege Ram. In production soon...

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/SubtleDiscord/2015%20WIP%20Photos/Raider_Siege_Ram_03.jpg

I contend that this is how you provide a 'Dozer Blade to a Land Raider without obstructing the Siege Ramp. Smash barricade. Lift 'Dozer Blade. Insert close combat psychopaths.

I took my new Centurion Chapter Master and a Mk III weapons upgrade out of their bath ready for work. With a local tournament coming up I now have a goal to motivate me to paint.

Also I won a game yesterday. Unlike my last "first win ever" this one was definitely a win.

TITHI considered whether or not I have the time to begin putting together my new super heavy...

Depends on which super-heavy it is

I'll let you guess. ;)