Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

You could always do an IronWarrior making silly gestures or waving his posterior at some Imperial Fists or successors from behind a battlement. "I fart in your general direction!!" (Monty Python holy grail)

Edited by dantay_xv

Tith I decided after the ETL and Call this year I need a break from painting CSM's and I'm gonna do some dioramas just for fun. First I'm gonna remake my old Marines vs Cultist 'Romans go Home' diorama now I have them silly helmits from the Calth box. Then I will do some Templars being taunted a second time. Oh and yes, there will be a swallow in there somewhere, and a shrubbery.

And a Juniper Bush?

Today in my hobby has been a day of Heresy... I've built Skorr and Dreygur, and the limited edition Centurion, followed by ten Breachers and the Games Day Boarding Marine... and I'm going to attempt a Fire Raptor now!

I may have bought a Deredeo too... Just to complement everything.

Edited by Chaeron

Today in the hobby I sat down to paint a test mini of a fresh DIY chapter color scheme.... and realized half way through I had just painted something close to retro Ultramarines.

I might stick with it though, bring the old colors into the new fluff and models as a successor. Thunderhawk Blue is a really nice color... I've been wanting to use it for awhile...

Today in the hobby, I bought another Seraphim Sister Superior, despite the fact that I already have five (two will be active...the others are for a second [yes, you heard right] Order). I'm watching another one as well :laugh.:

Last week in the Hobby, I missed out on a huge Sisters ebay lot (79 models, including a female Inquisitor), because I didn't set an automatic maximum bid (I was at work and wouldn't have been able to take a break when the auction ended). What made it worse is that the price it went for was a lot less than I was prepared to pay for it!

/cries

Today in the hobby I decided to change tack with my Space Wolves in 30K.

Most of my freehand has been celtic knotwork and tribal designs, like this:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151219_124423.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20150801_002736_1.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/Space%20wolves%20in%20progress/07102010105.jpg

P1000027

P1000028

P1010306

P1010302

To enhance my Space Wolves vehicles. I am working on a Spartan which is yet to be named. I want to go for something more old-school for the Spartan. An old and venerable machine, she was with the Wolves when they took their fledgling steps among the stars and is a relic even before the outbreak of the Heresy.

To reinforce this I want to try a new style and looked at viking/saxon designs online and tried to use one on the tank, it is less big and brash, but more elegant and stately.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151223_233503.jpg

Hopefully it still meshes with the rest of the Wolves but will look good as a symbol for the old lady of the legion, and very different to designs I have worked on so far. 

Am I on the right track?

Today in the hobby (well, technically yesterday), I finished painting my Devastator Squad, which now means I can legally field a Demi-Company (without transports) and a third Librarian for my Conclave. I also re-based my Captain onto 32mm. Today will be getting photos up on here before beginning my Xmas pub-based rampage :)

TITH received a rather unexpected hobby related gift.  A little tool box filled with different xacto knife blades (44 total), 7 handles, some super glue, and a sharpening stone.  I believe someone is trying to tell me that I need to do some better detail work pre-painting.

TitH i woke up... Startin off slow today. Gonna raid my bits box later so i know what im building for the boxing day bash.

Oh and happy yule, happy holidays and merry xmas, depending on what you preffer.

So this happened TITHI...

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151226_000711.jpg

Part of the 24 hour paint challenge. So close to finished, but got cross eyed and had to sleep

Edited by dantay_xv