Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I assembled the torso on my PG Unicorn. It is really scary working with LED's and all that wiring, when it is as expensive ad this is.

I also progressed slowly on my Archaon model, finishing the wing membranes.

Now I am assembling 10 bolter marines from my BaC box, still contemplating what to do with the 3rd set of 10. Building 5 as Templar Brethen and the remaining 5 as a choom heavy support squad is what I am pondering. As I mostly model and paint, and rarely play, rule of cool is what I am focused on.

Tith I recall that I found all my basing materials from 11 years ago in a box I forgot to look in until last week when I dug out ye old pile of plastic...

So I'll be basing up about a hundred bases soon. 40 ish black templars and all the da and csm from dark vengeance... Wooooo

But I might prioritize to the 30+terminator sword brethren I'm about to build even tho I don't have any opponents I could field that many terminators against... Lol

Also just realized because I'll have an extra terminator body and legs I'll have the bits left over to at least look at what a "terminator centurion" might look like from my mind...

Death wing terminator plasma cannon (as grav cannon), terminator cyclone missile launchers, death wing left handed storm bolter... Might only blue track it or I might build it, idk...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I hung some new shelves (made for nail polish) in the forge and organized all my new-formula paints on them. It feels so refreshing. I used that momentum to catapult me into a general cleaning and sorting session, and I feel much better about the state of my hobby area. I also put away my new W&N Series 7 Size 1 brush (yay!) and put together my gas mask. All in all, I feel prepared. 

TITHI tried out proper thinner for my paint instead of water or Lahmian Medium- there's nothing wrong with GW's medium, it's just too expensive for me and its properties aren't what I'm looking for. Anyway, my wife went to town and got a 250ml bottle of Tamiya X-20A Acrylic Paint Thinner and, let me tell you, it's wonderful! My metallics look like metallics :happy.:!

I hung some new shelves (made for nail polish) in the forge and organized all my new-formula paints on them. It feels so refreshing. I used that momentum to catapult me into a general cleaning and sorting session, and I feel much better about the state of my hobby area. I also put away my new W&N Series 7 Size 1 brush (yay!) and put together my gas mask. All in all, I feel prepared. 

Really gotta look into a shelf for my paints.  My desk is a cluster...mess.  :teehee:

Just ordered a W&N size 1 and 2 brush last week for nearly half price and free shipping.  It'll arrive in the mail between January 22 and February 4. :P

Grats on the progress.  Is the gas mask for work with lacquers or something?

Really gotta look into a shelf for my paints.  My desk is a cluster...mess.  :teehee:

Just ordered a W&N size 1 and 2 brush last week for nearly half price and free shipping.  It'll arrive in the mail between January 22 and February 4. :tongue.:

Thanks! Look into wall-hanging or free-standing nail polish racks on Amazon. Not bad at all for the price and they're just the right size. 

The mask is just for airbrushing. It may be overkill, BUT: A ) I wear glasses and the little paper filter masks (hospital masks) make my glasses fog up. B ) after I airbrush for a while, the interior of my nose is usually tinted. That can't be good. C ) I don't want to set up a whole spray booth, and frankly it seems like overkill as usually there's not much overspray and it's non-toxic. This mask is pretty industrial, and it looks hilarious, but it's fairly cheap and has replaceable filters. Should last me many, many years. 

Oh, and I think you're going to enjoy the W&N brushes. My size 2 changed the way I think about painting in general. The size 1 will probably not get used as often. I can easily paint eyeballs with the 2, since the brush from such a nice and durable tip. The 1 won't hold as much paint, but I might find that it's useful for various tasks. 

Edited by JeffTibbetts

Just ordered a W&N size 1 and 2 brush last week for nearly half price and free shipping.  It'll arrive in the mail between January 22 and February 4. :tongue.:

Thanks! Look into wall-hanging or free-standing nail polish racks on Amazon. Not bad at all for the price and they're just the right size. 

The mask is just for airbrushing. It may be overkill, BUT: A ) I wear glasses and the little paper filter masks (hospital masks) make my glasses fog up. B ) after I airbrush for a while, the interior of my nose is usually tinted. That can't be good. C ) I don't want to set up a whole spray booth, and frankly it seems like overkill as usually there's not much overspray and it's non-toxic. This mask is pretty industrial, and it looks hilarious, but it's fairly cheap and has replaceable filters. Should last me many, many years. 

Oh, and I think you're going to enjoy the W&N brushes. My size 2 changed the way I think about painting in general. The size 1 will probably not get used as often. I can easily paint eyeballs with the 2, since the brush from such a nice and durable tip. The 1 won't hold as much paint, but I might find that it's useful for various tasks. 

Been using a 0 and 000 for a couple of years as my primary brushes.  W&N know what they're doing, no doubt. :)

I used lacquer primer for my Broken Arrows, hence the question about the gas mask.  That stuff does not mess around.

Listen, man. If he can get his wife to play with him, we need to do everything we can to support them. :wink:

This is a very valid point.... 

but it isn't power armour! ;-)

Indeed :wink:

Today in the hobby, I bought four more tubes of glue just to get my second Exorcist done. When I've finished with it, both of them, along with my Penitent Engine will be able to bounce off the floor and remain intact after I've finished with them! :laugh.:

TITH I received a Mk IIB Land Raider for the glorious Death Guard from a friend :biggrin.:!

Also, I decided to prune my hobby down due to health reasons. Anything that can't be used for my Heresy-era Death Guard or Unforgiven Successor Chapter is going away. Say goodbye to: Imperial Guard, Iron Hands, generic Space Marines, Ministorum Priesthood, Inquisition, Space Wolves, Flesh Tearers, Grey Knights, Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii, and Imperial Knights. I think that's it. The first and last on that list were really special to me, too. Looks like that Thousand Son thread was started too soon, as well :unsure.:.

I mean, a guy can live with two armies, right- one for 30k and the other for 40k? Yeah, I'll deal with it but why does it hurt so bad to let this stuff go? I guess the answer is this: who cares?

Today in the hobby, I'm suffering from insomnia (again), so to make best use of the time, I'm building my second Exorcist, an Immolator and two more Rhinos for my Sisters.

Painting them, a Penitent Engine, nine Bolter Sisters, a couple of Sister Superiors and ten Seraphim Sisters (including the Superior) will follow...