Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Played a 1605 point game against Tyranids and outnumbered him with Battle Sisters, including beating up Genestealers and Hormagaunts in close combat. 

Can you hear that? It's the sound of women everywhere cheering. :happy.:

Edited by CoffeeGrunt

Played a 1605 point game against Tyranids and outnumbered him with Battle Sisters, including beating up Genestealers and Hormagaunts in close combat.

I didn't think it was possibly to outnumber 'Nids with any army short of IG/Orks :blink.: I did cheer out loud when I read the last bit though :happy.:

Today in the hobby I went out and bought a pair of shelf brackets and another, albeit larger, shelf for the next part of the hobby I recieved today.

USPS man arrived with my Stormclaw Box, decal paper, micro sol, micro set, and some Reaper paints.

I should also be purchasing today some Terminators and a Landspeeder for my sons of the sunless world.

I didn't think it was possibly to outnumber 'Nids with any army short of IG/Orks :blink.: I did cheer out loud when I read the last bit though :happy.:

Well, I'm not sure if I literally outnumbered him, but it certainly felt like it. I think I probably outnumbered him not counting his Termagant unit, which sat in the backfield doing nothing all game. ^^; Two level 2 Winged Hive Tyrants ate a lot of his points though. I had some 67 infantry and 2 tanks on the field.

...finished the stage one construction of Squad Grimaldus (i.e. Artarion, Bastilan, Cador, Priamus, Nerovar).

The Big G is up next.

It wasn't exactly today, but that'll do.

I dreamed that an ignominous furry thing had become Games Workshop's new mascot. Or maybe that it had become the new main character of the Asterix french comics. Not too sure about that one.

Speaking of Asterix, I had another dream a few days before that where Perturabo himself was strolling down some dirt road in Armorica on his way to Dogmatix's birthday. Why? Because he used to be his vet.

Then the second primarch, all helmet and menacing cape appeared on the same road... but he was soon revealed to be a one-foot tall alligator (Gummy, maybe?) masquerading as him.

The two latter scenes made me dub this dream the best dream ever as soon as I woke up.

I've just managed to get a hold of something I've been after for ages :wub.: The rules, mission book and all the tiles etc for Space Hulk minus the models (I think I get the dead Marine and CAT, but if not I can scratch build them if I have to). They're from two different vendors on ebay, but hopefully this time next week I will have my hands on them all! The price was far better than I expected as well. Of course, that will lead me to the replacement of the models themselves. My progress with the Xenos will be covered on my blog (/shameless plug), so it'll have something new in it at least! :laugh.:

An internet cookie for the first to work out which Chapter the Terminators will be painted as :laugh.:

Productive day in the hobby over here

1) Carried on the build of my Knight Titan.  Got to a point where I really needed to get some paint laid down so have had the primers out.

2) Got in touch with GW Customer Service and, surprisingly, they were USELESS!

3) Started my WIP blog.  Tomorrow (all being well) you'll be able to see some pics on it and I'm just about to update it again now.   

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294227-one-wip-to-rule-them-all/ 

PS - sorry about the circa 2000 word first post!

I've got 10 un-made plastic marines coming in the mail, plus ive got 5mk3 and 5 mk4 bodies plus a heap of bolters, gonna make up my own chapter

I also customised a las/plas razorback and homemade stowage and extra armour, gonna look cool painted up

looking at doing them waffen ss style, as in lots of different types of camoflauge