Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

So, I just figured out that this wasn't just a painting topic, and I'd like to make a post about something last week.

That Day in the Hobby I...

Bought the new Blood Angels Codex, the datacards, and the dice. The very next day, I got the Deathstorm Supplement and a mini-rulebook with a BA on the cover. It was a good week.

TITH

I ended up in darksphere for the first time since they moved and accidentally walked out with deathstorm, codex BA, BA tactical squad and a sanguinary priest.

looks like I am returning to the hobby. probably open deathstorm and decide to start with the nids knowing me :S

Started assembling and magnetizing my Tac squads. These new BA Tac Marines are wicked! Though, kinda hard to use a couple of the parts for successors. That Mk.III(I think) chestpiece with the Chalice on it however? That will work perfectly for my Blood Drinker captain or an Artificer Armour Sergeant.

Also purchased a Command squad.

Edited by Reldn

TITHI...

• Finished touching up my sanguinary priest, painting over his freehanded shoulder pad, and replacing it with a custom transfer.
  • Finished my space hulk terminator librarian.
  • But down the first layer of transfer on an old rhino (because of the shape of the Knights of Blood symbol, I'm using a two-layer system where I start with the outline and the swords, then either paint in the white on the shield or put a second, opaque transfer on top of the clear transfer).
  • Got a call from FedEx asking me to arrange to pick up my Blood Angels data cards and an email from GW saying that my copy of Shield of Baal: Exterminatus had shipped (and won't be here for 10 more days... some "express shipping" huh?). 

Bought a box of Vanguard Veterans. I'm going to mix them in with my current Assault Marines to make the full 20 for my company. Oh joy, more jump-packs to assemble and magnetize...

EDIT: Finally!! I received my Blood Angels Codex, Datacards, and Tac Marine box today as well.

Edited by Reldn

The day before... Yesterday... Today... Tomorrow... in the Hobby I...

... did lots of casting.

So... much... casting.

*Ponders that someday he might actually be able to paint something again*

It's money in the bank, friend. Try to think of it like that. You have to pay for school somehow... ;) 

TITHI...

• Finished touching up my sanguinary priest, painting over his freehanded shoulder pad, and replacing it with a custom transfer.
  • Finished my space hulk terminator librarian.
  • But down the first layer of transfer on an old rhino (because of the shape of the Knights of Blood symbol, I'm using a two-layer system where I start with the outline and the swords, then either paint in the white on the shield or put a second, opaque transfer on top of the clear transfer).
  • Got a call from FedEx asking me to arrange to pick up my Blood Angels data cards and an email from GW saying that my copy of Shield of Baal: Exterminatus had shipped (and won't be here for 10 more days... some "express shipping" huh?). 

Are you going to show us these new decals in action? I want to see how they turned out. 

TITHI…

Ran to my local FedEx to pick up my Blood Angels data cards and…

http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/image/105644941711

Wait just one damn minute…!

Actually, I'm worried that I got someone else's Christmas present. Poor Laura. I hope I can get to GW in time to fix this!

Edited by ElectricPaladin

TITHI…

Actually, I'm worried that I got someone else's Christmas present. Poor Laura. I hope I can get to GW in time to fix this!

I'll have to double-check but I'm fairly sure my FLGS still has some in stock if GW can't send you the ones you ordered.

TITHI…

I'll have to double-check but I'm fairly sure my FLGS still has some in stock if GW can't send you the ones you ordered.

My FLGS just got some in as well - I saw them in the box they were shipped when I picked up my White Dwarf, just minutes before heading to the FedEx to get my "Data Cards." I'll drop them an email and ask them to hold on to them for me.

Class now out for a month so I got a Las / Plas squad painted up to ride in a Rhino.  Plus I finally opened up the box with my Thunderfire cannon in it.  I think I've spent more time oogling the Techmarine sculpt this afternoon then actually painting the cannon that's sitting in pieces on my desk.

EDIT:  Cannon no longer in pieces it's painted and has some BT bits on it.  Now just for a name.

Edited by Phantomzero17

..., for the glory of Chaos, undercoated the cultists from Dark Vengeance, did some detailing on the terminator champion, and undercoated a fourth terminator.

..., for the glory of the Emperor, did some more work on my Librarian, did a third tactical marine as well as working on the first two (I've discovered how boring it is to paint a full squad once you do a colour scheme other than 'paint them black' :tongue.:) and did some work on the BL's Deathwatch submission.

Inexplicably, Today in the Hobby, I bought this weeks White Dwarf a Sanguinary Priest, a copy of Exterminatus and Invasion! :blink.:

Edit: Another thing that I've done is made a small (but significant) commission for a reboot of sorts for my main army. I'm really hyped to see the results! :happy.:

Edited by Aquilanus