blood angels unique heresy unit?

Blindhamster

Had a bit of a discussion with Lorenzen about what we might. Eventually (no doubt in many years time). See for the blood angels in terms of unique units for gaming with.

World eaters have their rampagers

Emperors children have their palatine blades

Death guard have the death shrowd

Sons of horus have the justarean

Lorenzen reckons it might be a HH version of the sanguinary guard, which could be cool, but as games workshop already have both rules and miniatures for these I wasn't so sure, perhaps Amits company? Maybe even something akin to death company, depending on what book the BAs end up in (I really hope to see them before terra...)

Edited due to tablet auto correcting...

I agree about Sanguinary Guard, I think the whole BA will be a little more optimistic since their Primarch is still alive.

Although I heard from the halls at Adepticon from people quizzing the FW folks in attendance that they want the series to be 20 books and that the last two Primarchs released would be Sanguinius and Horus.  I heard Horus vs. the Emperor will be the last kit, a duel like Abaddon/Loken and Sangy will be right before that.

So we've got some time to ponder.  In the meantime, some local BA and SW Heresy fans have just been making up their own rules, using Betrayal as a guide.  It is an interesting idea for those that have to wait.

Hey about those admech, sorry to digress, but I saw something in betrayal that might point towards knight class walkers in the future. It mentioned taking a detachment of 1-3 heavy walkers as an attachment for lords of war or apocalypse.

Waits for BaC to get shut down for guesstimating a new unit.....;) just kidding don't want to graze that topic

For BAs: I would definitely think it would be sanguinary gaurd, or maybe some specialty assault squad.

I tried remembering anything from FtT but can't think of anything. BAs don't have fast vehicles yet, no Armageddon. No proto death company. Red thirst occurs as probably an army wide thing. Maybe Wardens?

I agree about Sanguinary Guard, I think the whole BA will be a little more optimistic since their Primarch is still alive.

Although I heard from the halls at Adepticon from people quizzing the FW folks in attendance that they want the series to be 20 books and that the last two Primarchs released would be Sanguinius and Horus.  I heard Horus vs. the Emperor will be the last kit, a duel like Abaddon/Loken and Sangy will be right before that.

So we've got some time to ponder.  In the meantime, some local BA and SW Heresy fans have just been making up their own rules, using Betrayal as a guide.  It is an interesting idea for those that have to wait.

Blood Guard  and Storm Ravens. 

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fear_to_Tread_(Novel)#.UX9OJaIqy84

I agree the GW Sanguinary guards do a fairly good job, although I'd love to see FW's take on MK IV blingy armour. 

Some form of Jump Pack Apothecary/Sanguinary Priest could be useful from a gaming point of view, as in Betrayal they can't join Assault Squads.

• 1 year later...

Athrawes, if we do end up with a chariot, I'm blaming you for jinxing us.

Anyway, Sanguinary Guard are a given. That will fulfill the 'unique terminator' requirement since the only time we don't see a unique terminator unit is when we have a unique jump pack unit (e.g. Raven Guard).

It's the other unique unit I'm more curious about. The Sanguinary Priests are unlikely since we're still very near the secular age of the Great Crusade and Sanguinius hasn't died yet, which means Death Company is also unlikely (especially since we don't weaponize our berserkers like the World Eaters....yet)

Unique vehicles aren't a solid candidate either. I'm actually having trouble thinking of a current legion that ....wait, never mind. The Raven Guard have their own unique vehicle, but I can't remember anyone else having one.

So, the Stormraven idea isn't shot down yet. Other than that, my next guess would be a unique version of the troop assault squad, which I suppose is already covered by the Sanguinary Guard, so, in short, I don't know. Fear to Tread doesn't offer a lot of possibilities, and I've noticed the BL books and the Forgeworld narratives take different tones, sometimes very different tones when it comes to the legions.

Anyway, Sanguinary Guard are a given. That will fulfill the 'unique terminator' requirement since the only time we don't see a unique terminator unit is when we have a unique jump pack unit (e.g. Raven Guard).

It's the other unique unit I'm more curious about. The Sanguinary Priests are unlikely since we're still very near the secular age of the Great Crusade and Sanguinius hasn't died yet, which means Death Company is also unlikely (especially since we don't weaponize our berserkers like the World Eaters....yet)

Unique vehicles aren't a solid candidate either. I'm actually having trouble thinking of a current legion that ....wait, never mind. The Raven Guard have their own unique vehicle, but I can't remember anyone else having one.

So, the Stormraven idea isn't shot down yet. Other than that, my next guess would be a unique version of the troop assault squad, which I suppose is already covered by the Sanguinary Guard, so, in short, I don't know. Fear to Tread doesn't offer a lot of possibilities, and I've noticed the BL books and the Forgeworld narratives take different tones, sometimes very different tones when it comes to the legions.

What's wrong with chariots? Space wolves have them now, maybe blood angels are next. Imagine it, a blood angels Chariot pulled by giant bats.msn-wink.gif

Whilst not necessarily a unique unit, what pattern of terminator armour do you all feel the Blood Angels will get?

What dyou mean? All legions have access to all the patterns of Terminator armour.

Whilst not necessarily a unique unit, what pattern of terminator armour do you all feel the Blood Angels will get?

Everyone looks cool in Cataphractii, everyone!!

I'd imagine some kind of Veteran Assault Squad that would be released as an upgrade pack, and either the Chariots, a special Destroyer Squad, or Unique Terminators. The ideal would be that every legion released until Prospero can be cranked out if a few months so that when the time comes to do Wolves and Thousand Sons the whole staff can get behind the project.

- Sanguinary Guard

The lineage of the Sanguinary Guard can be traced back to the bygone era of the Great Crusade when they acted as the elite bodyguard of the Primarch Sanguinius, fighting alongside the Great Angel through the most terrible of battles on such worlds as Dalos, Blindhope, Signus Prime and countless others. They served with the Primarch until he perished in the assault on the Warmaster Horus' Battle Barge Vengeful Spirit during the final hours of the Battle of Terra.

Members of the Sanguinary Guard wear golden Artificer Armour which is a relic of the Chapter, one of a handful of surviving suits from the times of the Great Crusade, whose secrets of manufacture have long since been lost. These few revered relics are a tangible reminder of the very greatest days of not only the Blood Angels, but of the Imperium of Man as a whole.

- Baal Predator

The Standard Template Construct (STC) designs for the Baal Pattern Predator were discovered by the Blood Angels Legion at the start of the Great Crusade in the late 30th Millennium. The designs were found on the planet of Atium III amidst the ruins of the Arch-Heretek Lord de Ladt's fortress. After the Astartes of the IX Legion stormed into the fortress and defeated the Heretek's forces, they found the Baal Predator's STC designs within his inner sanctum. The Blood Angels never handed the designs over to the Adeptus Mechanicus as Imperial law required and instead returned with them to their homeworld of Baal, where the originals remain to this day.

- maybe unique Terminators (the nipple-pattern armour biggrin.png?)

for special chars, we may see raldoron, azkaellon, amit and later we may get rules for the sanguinior msn-wink.gif

What's wrong with chariots? Space wolves have them now, maybe blood angels are next. Imagine it, a blood angels Chariot pulled by giant bats.msn-wink.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MAD.gif

Don't even joke about that.

- maybe unique Terminators (the nipple-pattern armour biggrin.png?)

Or that! verymad.gif

Contemptor libbynaught would be sick

....how did this slip my mind blink.png

So many ideas biggrin.png although... what would happen to them post Nikea, reassigned or bed time?

They repaint the sarcophagus and call any powers being manifested "Dark Age Technology"

Archived