Spaniard

Hello Brothers

I have been thinking lately about starting to play Apoc games when i get home
from deployment. Ive been wondering what titan do the Dark Angels use or which
titan is preferred by the Dark Angels. I would like to get one and paint it
same color scheme as our greenwing. I just don’t want to get the wrong one
since I don’t know which belongs to the chaos army and which belong to the
Imperium.

AFAIK, Astartes don't use/have titans. There are separate titan legions based on some forge worlds. Astartes are not trained to man titans, you need special training to become princeps.

Find the titan legion you will like and paint it to its colors.

Current 13th Black Crusade forces includes full Dark Angels chapter as well as Angels of Absolution and Angels of Vigilance and the following Legio:

• Legio Metalica
  • Legio Ignatum
  • Legio Gryphonicus
  • Legio Astorum
So you can choose one of these to be 100% fluff correct :)

The Unforgiven don't have any propensity for working with any particular titan legion (or any other organization in the Imperium for that matter).  This leaves you free to paint up your titan as any Legio that happened to show up at the same battlezone as the Dark Angels (including one of your own making).

True, DA don't have titans.  However, back during the great crusade, pretty much anything went!  Last time I was deployed I picked up a Leviathan Crusader from Dream Forge Games (MUCH cheaper than FW and just as cool) and intend to paint it up in a Black/Gun metal pain scheme to use with my DA (and Grey Knights that I don't own beyond the ideas for them that have been rattling around inside my head for the last few years...).  It'll use warhound rules with the background being that its an OLD remnant from the 30k era that the chapter recently found deep within the rock and decided to put to use again hunting the fallen.  Good luck brother and be safe till you get back on this side of the pond.

<p>Hmmm...much cooler, IMHO, to field a Thunderhawk instead...it can't go toe to toe with a titan, but it has an assault ramp and carries 15 terminators...take that with a titanhammer terminator squad or three, and you come out ahead, IMHO.  You can cap a titan by pounding on its toe with the termies' vortex grenades, and the THawk can then go on to blast a superheavy to smithereens.  And did I mention that after the enemy titan is dead, you're sitting there with three scoring 3++ units where his centerpiece used to stand?</p>

OK, if you want a Titan, it would *HAVE* to be from the Legio Metalica..........after all, the band Metallica have a song called The Unforgiven......it would be heresy not to use this, albeit slightly tenuous, link :D

OK, if you want a Titan, it would *HAVE* to be from the Legio Metalica..........after all, the band Metallica have a song called The Unforgiven......it would be heresy not to use this, albeit slightly tenuous, link biggrin.png

If you're willing to go with the above suggestion, all I'm sayin' is... It's a Warhound. A HOUND. Do you want a HOUND in your army? Or a mechanical lion?whistlingW.gif

Cell 42 for you both, at the same time.

EDIT: And some hairetic (no thats no miss spell)b....girl made that a pop song....Argh!!!!!!!!!!

Archived