Mechanicus Lore Question

I really don't think will power is sufficient. They need it in order to resist the machine taking control of them (or just plain driving them mad) but without knowing what kind of "instructions" to give it...which  may not be in a speakable language, it may mean leveraging parts of the brain attributed with muscle control or that super-fast binary language the Mechanicum speaks. Format is important here.

I really don't think will power is sufficient. They need it in order to resist the machine taking control of them (or just plain driving them mad) but without knowing what kind of "instructions" to give it...which  may not be in a speakable language, it may mean leveraging parts of the brain attributed with muscle control or that super-fast binary language the Mechanicum speaks. Format is important here.

It may well be :D I was just expressing the opinion that I don't believe most marines have the mental fortitude required, let alone the knowledge or training that might be required.

• 2 months later...

Honestly too lazy to read past the fifth or so post but I'm pretty sure there's an old novel in which a squad of imperial fists commandeer a Titan by eating the brains of the crew to learn the controls. Boom

Citation please - and then maybe ill counter with the citation of Ultramarines being a 3rd Founding Chapter. ;)

space marine novel Ian Watson a scout squad commander a traitor titan by eating the crews brains and then go on to engage a traitor maniple of 6 titans I believe its commented after the event that they were lucky in that the titan crew where prepping for the fight and so where concentrating on there tasks id also add the novel was a early one that was a bit iffy on content for example it featured squats and the traitors had glitzy jet board dudes with shuriken catapults great book just a tad old

space marine novel Ian Watson a scout squad commander a traitor titan by eating the crews brains and then go on to engage a traitor maniple of 6 titans I believe its commented after the event that they were lucky in that the titan crew where prepping for the fight and so where concentrating on there tasks id also add the novel was a early one that was a bit iffy on content for example it featured squats and the traitors had glitzy jet board dudes with shuriken catapults great book just a tad old

White Dwarf #97, pg.39:

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/dswanick/Warhammer%2040000/NewBitmapImage.png

You've gotta be careful with the oldest fluff. GW would likely disavow both of our pieces as "false". smile.png

Archived