Ideas for Contemptor Dreadnought Conversion

Well, I am too poor to afford Forgeworld products. The Models are pricey and shipping is probably worse.
Too bad for me, because I love the Contemptor. The model is nice and the rules seem fantastic. As a gun platform, it excels, and as a dual DCCW it seems bad ass. Now the problem. My ass is broke.
Solution? CONVERSIONS.
Now, I plan on using a dreadnought (maybe ironclad) as a base. Buuuuuut standard dreads are too short. So I'd use the dreadnought torso, and buy IG sentinel legs to extend the Dreadnought legs. For arms, I was going to use puppets war dreadnought arms. They seem too big for a regular dread, but just right for a contemptor.

Anyway, I dont currently have the money to make this conversion, just looking to see if anyone has made any scratch builds of contemptors or conversions that look great and cost little.

Dreadnought torsos are normally 5 ish dollars on bits stores. Legs another 5, and sentinel legs are 7-10. 20 for body, 20 for puppets war arms, plus shipping.
Otherwise, 32 pounds for contemptor body and then cost of arms. Does anyone else have a cheap method to make one?

I've had similar thoughts, using a Dreadknight as an enlarged and upgraded pattern of 'servo harness' for a techmarine. Granted, using UK prices as an example, the Dreadknight kit is a quid more expensive than a Contemptor body, but the advantage is that you'd have to buy the Contemptor arms as well, either FW's own or the Puppetswar ones, whereas the Knight already has all you need. The only snag I'm having is squaring off the plates to make it fit more with the regular marine's aesthetic and plugging the Marine in so as to do away with the ridiculus 'nappy harness'.

really, just get a contemptor, it would cost about the same as all the individual parts from bit sites, not to mention that ssentinel legs are INCREDIBLY rare to find in stock on any sites...

and when all that is said, the contemptor body is only a couble of quid more expensive than buying a plastic dread (atleast last time i checked) and seeing as you even get the shoulders and upper arms with the body, all you have to do is make the elbows/lower arms out of bits/plastic card yourself, which really should not be that difficult, so yeah, there you go

When it comes to conversion bitz, I always start with charity shops and boot fairs - broken toys can be picked up for pennies, and disassembled/choped up for parts. Zoids, Transformers, any kind of sci-fi robots or vehicles are great conversion fodder. On the subject of contemptors specifically, gundam models might present a good source of bits, as they have similar rounded stylings.

Archived