ETL II 2013 Statement of Intent

Grotsmasha

So I understand that officially the ETL II challenge is 3 days away, and I need to wait before I get started.....but I've pointed out my planned vows, bought bitz, started converting, gluing and priming.

So here's a summary list, specific wargear will follow with each vow,

@375pts 3x Interrogator Chaplain Serraphicus 

@190pts 1x LC Belial

@290pts 2x Ezekial

@140pts 1x Asmodai

@955pts 7x Company Masters

@140pts 1x Interrogator Chaplain

@105pts 1x Librarian

@375pts 3x Dreadnoughts

Total pts: 2570

Each model will be an individual vow, choosing whichever takes my fancy.

Cheers,

Jono

I would dearly love to state my intent to vow a whole battle company with ravenwing and deathwing support, as that is what I'm building towards, but I don't believe I'll make it. Most bits are still on sprues etc.

I was gearing up to get ready for apocalypse, so just glued 4 rhinos, a vindicator and a baneblade together, then realised the baneblade is not a codex legal choice anyway.

Grotsmasha has shown though careful planning is the key, so maybe a strategic planning method is what I shall follow too.

To that end, at this point, I intend to do 'at least' the following:

1 x Librarian

1 x Company Master

anything else will be a bonus ;-)  a big fat sneaky bonus

shame I live in a remote area over 400kms from the nearest city, better start ordering some paint now!

also I hope the painting standard is just for gaming or table top ready...

The key is definitely having your next vow assembled and primed before your current vow is completed. As to the quality of painting, the acceptable minimum is what you define as finished.

Cheers,

Jono

This will be my first attempt at a vow so here's what I got.

1x Belial

1x DW Command Squad

6x DW Term Squad (tons of CF,TH/SS,CML, you guys know the works)

1x DW Knights

1x DW LRC

1x DW Venerable Dred with TL'S Autocannons.

I hope to get it all done.

Lets win one for the Rock!

I made and completed a vow last year. Plan on doing the same this year, not sure with what though. I have three Mortis Contemptor Dreads that need painted, two chaplain dreads, and a dual CCW Contemptor that need it. I also have ~25 Terminators ready to paint with 35 more in-bound from a trade.

I will make a showing again this year.

Paul

With my purchase of a new Airbrush I'll probably be redoing my entire Deathwing force over again. Meaning at the least, Belial, Librarian and Chaplain. 

I haven't read the last ETL too much, but I'm assuming its based on points. That means Librarians are a great "buffer" because you can say they are level two for a few extra points :D :P

So the key to success is to choose something small, quick and easy to paint that is worth a lot of points.

Hmmm what about our little watchers in the dark? Those guys are priceless!

thumbsup.gif ,

Cod

So if I built three of these miniatures...

gallery_8429_8473_8401.jpg

...according to the Horus Heresy Betrayal Legion army list, they'd be worth 2700 points! Woo-hoo!

Alright, seriously then pinch.gif , I have been wanting to start a historical "Storm of Vengeance" style army of the DA's 3rd company under then-company master Belial. Gav Thorpe has that nice Order of Battle list in the back of the novel The Purging of Kadillus to use as a guide. It doesn't differ too much from the older Storm of Vengeance boxed set.

So here's a rough list, specific wargear to be decided upon with each vow:

@120pts 1x Company Master "Belial": plasma pistol, power weapon
@110pts 1x Company Master "Belial": storm bolter, power weapon
@110pts 1x Interrogator-Chaplain Boreas: bolt pistol,crozius arcanum, frag & krak grenades, rosarius
@110pts 1x Interrogator-Chaplain Sarpedon: bolt pistol,crozius arcanum, frag & krak grenades, rosarius
@90pts 1x Chaplain Uriel: bolt pistol, crozius arcanum, frag & krag grenades, rosarius
@100pts 1x Librarian Acutus: bolt pistol, force weapon, frag & krak grenades, psychic hood, psyker mastery level 2
@100pts 1x Librarian Charon: bolt pistol, force weapon, frag & krak grenades, psychic hood, psyker mastery level 2
@100pts 1x Librarian Hebron: bolt pistol, force weapon, frag & krak grenades, psychic hood, psyker mastery level 2
@50pts 1x Techmarine Hadrazael: bolt pistol, servo-arm, frag & krak grenades
@50pts 5x Servitors: servo-arms, heavy bolters, plasma cannons
@50pts 1x Techmarine Hephaestus: bolt pistol, servo-arm, frag & krak grenades
@50pts 5x Servitors: servo-arms, heavy bolters, plasma cannons
@175pts 1x Command Squad:
--- Apothecary Nestor: narthecium, Standard Bearer
--- Standard Bearer Arael: Company Standard banner
--- Company Champion: blade of Caliban, combat shield
--- Company Veteran: plasmagun
--- Company Veteran Sergeant: plasma pistol
@125pts 1x Venerable Dreadnought Revered Venerari: powerfist with built-in stormbolter, multi-melta, searchlight, smoke launchers

Total points: 1340

Each model/squad will be an individual vow, the order to be decided once the challenge is underway.

Ciao,

Archangel

It was rather shameful for the last one.  I know I walked away regretting not pushing a little harder.  I've got enough stuff right now to keep me busy until burnout and then enough on the way to keep me going.  

Paul

All I have available is a 10 man Tac Squad, Razorback & a Tri-Las Pred :(

Maybe if I have an unexpected windfall I can increase this somewhat :lol:

Well, depending on the exact rules, and how RL interferes, my plan is for some or all of the following:

DWCS - 330

RWCS - 300

5 x DWK - 245

5 x DWT - 250

Predator - 140

RAS (3) - 80

Typhoon - 75

Nephilim - 180

Total - 1600

Advantages are a low model count, and high relative points per model.... (discounting vehicles we are running of the order 52 points per model!). Assuming a 3 month competition (i.e. same as last year) I would have to get the DW elements complete by mid-late June to stand any chance of completing this lot......hmmmm, possible, but tough........

EDIT - another positive is that finishing the above would clear the majority of the Marines stuff I have left to paint, clearing the way for me to finish my Orkies and fantasy armies....:)

I got carried away last time with big projects which where not worth many points.

This time I will have to pick carefully whistlingW.gif

I have a couple of Chaplains, a Librarian and 3 x Masters

along with the DW and RW Command boxes.

See how it goes.

Fingers crossed, I'll have the following to enter:

5 man Deathwing Knight squad

Deathwing Command squad (Tartaros pattern armour)

Ravenwing Command squad (using FW MkIV Outriders)

7 man Black Knights squad (with an Outrider Huntmaster)

Whirlwind Hyperios

Depends on when the FW stuff arrives and on whether Mrs (and little Miss) Gumbo allow me sufficient building and painting time...

As usual, I'm bogged down with Real Life...

But I have just started a Sarge with plasma pistol...which can suddenly become a captain with plasma pistol :)

Are the bases of the ETL out yet? Time and all that...

Whelp, there goes my strategy with Captain Semper throwing a 5 vow limit curve ball. Time to re-think. Eithet way I've jumped in with 3 Dreadnoughts.

Cheers,

Jono

It was a fun plan while it lasted. You were going to be my role model since it worked so well for you last year.

Hey, what battle plan survives first contact with the enemy anyway? wink.png

I know right!?!? It's ok, I've already come up with a new plan. 5x 1,000pt vows, with 3 weeks per vow. That covers all my stuff in 2 vows, time to plan out another 2,500pts me thinks.

Cheers,

Jono

I know right!?!? It's ok, I've already come up with a new plan. 5x 1,000pt vows, with 3 weeks per vow. That covers all my stuff in 2 vows, time to plan out another 2,500pts me thinks.

Cheers,

Jono

Sounds great! Best of luck.

I'm not that quick a painter, so my new plan involves 5 x 550pt vows.

Archived