Painting a Successor

Omeniv

Hello B&C, I am looking at selecting a paint scheme for my DA successor but I have come into a conflicting idea. Do Dark Angels successors paint their Deatwing and Ravenwing the same as the Dark Angels (Bone and black), or do they paint all their armour following the same color scheme? I've seen evidence towards both ideas, but I wasn't quite sure which was correct.

The bone white of the DW is DA specific, post heresy event. The black of the RW, however is unknown in origin. Typically most successor DW/RW follow the same scheme as the rest of the chapter. However, being a DIY, you could come up with your own event/reasoning for having seperate colour schemes.

Cheers,

Jono

The bone white of the DW is DA specific, post heresy event. The black of the RW, however is unknown in origin. Typically most successor DW/RW follow the same scheme as the rest of the chapter. However, being a DIY, you could come up with your own event/reasoning for having seperate colour schemes.

Cheers,

Jono

I would elaborate that we have 'definitive' (if you can call it that) answers for that only for the disciples of caliban (previous dex) for the terminators and guardians of the covenanat (again previous dex) for the ravenwing.

Cant remember if there are any depictions in the new dex.

If you decide to take this as set in stone for those two, then we have nothing for rest so you can go either way.

Given the fact that there is a history behind the act of repainting (for the DW, for the RW we have nothing but speculations at this time), I would say its best not to alternate schemes. Same stands for the names of the 1st and 2ns successor companies.

OFC nothing stops you from fabricating something equaly cool!

I have chosen for my chapter that, given the distinct nature of the First and Second Companies, they have been named and have color schemes based on myths from the primary recruiting/home world of the Chapter.

I'd also like to point out that many chapters paint the helmets of their first companies a different color to denote their veteran status. While this isn't unforgiven specific, it might be something to keep in mind.

Archived