Initiative: Let's save the Nuns

phyrex

hey, i like that idea.   Maybe when I get my girls finished, I will send a photo every day to their flicker pool, or repeatidly send them pictures till they make a post about it.  Would definitely give a nice shout out, probably more so than a letter would.   I like that idea more so, pick a day to send sister pics in, like 4th of july or something.  Independance day, gives us a month and a half to organize it on several boards, get people on board, and then flood their flicker account with sister pictures all around the 4th.  The sisters independance is upon us, we need our own codex again, not some white dwarf codex that new players can't even get their hands on rules.  

hey, i like that idea.   Maybe when I get my girls finished, I will send a photo every day to their flicker pool, or repeatidly send them pictures till they make a post about it.  Would definitely give a nice shout out, probably more so than a letter would.   I like that idea more so, pick a day to send sister pics in, like 4th of july or something.  Independance day, gives us a month and a half to organize it on several boards, get people on board, and then flood their flicker account with sister pictures all around the 4th.  The sisters independance is upon us, we need our own codex again, not some white dwarf codex that new players can't even get their hands on rules.  

I like the idea of "spamming" GW with pictures saying there are people playing sisters. 4th of july is propably not a good day for that. All the independence thingy is lost to anyone not from usa, and for those from the states a day of celebration is always a bad choise. People will be too busy firing fireworks and drinking to remember to send the mail.

Yeah, independence day? Awesome movie, awful day to try and organise Americans. It's actually a complete non-issue regarding British social/political views. :p

Most of us think we won that war anyway :p We got rid of you lot, after all.

Better to just do it every month.

Sisters! Your mission is to play at least one game with your Sisterhood army per month and submit photographic evidence to the Adeptus Terra immediately thereafter! This will provide a more organic barrage of pro-Sisterhood messages and do more to convince the Administratum that Sisters are a living, popular army. Doing it all on the same day will make it look like a forced political movement and if there's on thing British people hate, it's people trying to force them to do things.

I was just tossing out a day, and it was the first day in the summer that came to mind.   We could do it on June 17th, for all I care, the day after fathers day and my birthday.  Or we could do it late august.   IF we get organized, send in pics all the same day, and spread the word through the internet (which could easily spread like wildfire), we could have a huge turn in of sister photos. 

As for playing games, well I am getting some games in today, and really trying to get a game with my sisters instead of my dark angels if at all possible.  

Plan to take a WIP army shot, course its not much changed since my last Army shot, but they are based, bases are painted, and green armored now.  

Sisters! Your mission is to play at least one game with your Sisterhood army per month and submit photographic evidence to the Adeptus Terra immediately thereafter! This will provide a more organic barrage of pro-Sisterhood messages and do more to convince the Administratum that Sisters are a living, popular army. Doing it all on the same day will make it look like a forced political movement and if there's on thing British people hate, it's people trying to force them to do things.

My name's Thade and I support this message.

Here's a the response to my request for a new Codex: SIsters of Battle and some new units.

Hey Fred,

Thanks for writing in to us, although I don’t have great news for
you.  While the Sisters of Battle will no doubt
get an update of their codex and miniatures at some point in the future, at
this time we don’t know when this will be. 
However, please keep the faith that they haven’t been forgotten about
and their time will come one day!

Sorry we couldn’t be any more help than
this.

David Monroe
Games Workshop
North America Customer Services

I still want to see a Sisters version of the Defiler. Something with Four legs and maybe an Exorcist launcher, that would be sweet!

Exorcist launchers are too arcane and unreliable to work on a large walker chassis. They need a full crew of 3-6 Sisters and Servitors to operate. I say 3-6 because there are two on the roof, and almost certainly at least one down below passing the missiles up to the loader-servitor.

There's that too. The Mechanicus use four-legged servitors though. But the Sisters are VERY traditional, and hitherto only use Rhino chassis vehicles and the Penitent Engine.

Maybe something like a tank hunter or a sponson-armed rhino. I floated the idea for the latter on the Inquisition Project a little while back for an AV13/12/10 rhino chassis with a pair of heavy weapon (bolter/flamer/melta) sponsons as a kind of Heavy Immolator or Predator equivalent.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight I got my first chance to play my 2000 point Sisters of Battle army list. I had allot of fun against a Necron player with 4 flyers. My Exorcists killed several foes and Saint Celestine and her chosen Seraphim squad brought on some serious pain. In the end I lost by 2 or 3 victory points, but lessons were learned and I shall adjust my strategy for next time. Having not played in almost 10 years and jumping from 3rd edition to 6th edition has not been easy but it has been fun. Here's a couple pics of the action and I shall email them to GW to make sure they know Sisters players exist and we mean business! I almost forgot, I finally met another Sister player in person! A real live person, it was amazing. For the Emperor!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/Fantos13/SoB027.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/Fantos13/SoB029.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/Fantos13/SoB024.jpg

You know I feel like I see that GW reply a lot.   However I believe it; sisters WILL get an update at some point, but it will likely be the last one to arrive.  Given the current release schedule that would make it at least 20 months away, so around January 2015 :p (more if Black templars keep their own codex).

I suggest a change of tactics for now.  One of our first problems is that people cannot play sisters if they do not have the white dwarf codex.  This is something that needs to be rectified before more players can even hope to begin.  As a result, I believe we should simply request that the current SoB codex is presented as a downloadable .PDF file available to all for free.

Benefits we can list in our arguments are:

More new sisters players, thus more sales of the current sisters models.

Greater exposure of the sisters of battle faction, creating a larger consumer base and higher demand when the range is eventually updated.

Goodwill amongst the community, as GW facilitates the players of all factions by lending transparency to the armies capabilities and rules, allowing for allied choices and providing a way for the existing players or returning players to reuse/return to their armies if they have lost access to the current ruleset.  All of these translate into yet more sales.

Haha, you think they're going to release a codex for free? They're going to do it the Apple way.

That they haven't just shows how much they simply don't care anymore about their fanbase. Merging the two White Dwarf parts into something to buy digitally would take less effort than making one of their worthless trailers and bring some money. And yet they don't do it.

Some shop managers actually accept and even advise downloading codices that aren't available anymore. I don't know what GW thinks of that, but kudos to them.

Haha, you think they're going to release a codex for free? They're going to do it the Apple way.

That they haven't just shows how much they simply don't care anymore about their fanbase. Merging the two White Dwarf parts into something to buy digitally would take less effort than making one of their worthless trailers and bring some money. And yet they don't do it.

Some shop managers actually accept and even advise downloading codices that aren't available anymore. I don't know what GW thinks of that, but kudos to them.

I know it would fly in the face of GW logic, but if we appeal to their business sense then it doesn't really hurt to ask.  There is a good reason too:

If GW want to SELL something then their own viewpoint is that they need to create a product worth selling.  This is what happened with Death from the Skies.  This sadly takes some effort on their part, and as soon as the task at hand takes longer then 5 minutes out of someones day, we're right back at square 1.

If GW simply give away a PDF of what already exists, it takes barely any effort at all, quality is not a factor and so there will be no ill will created; plus the addition of the benefits I listed above.

You know I feel like I see that GW reply a lot. However I believe it; sisters WILL get an update at some point, but it will likely be the last one to arrive. Given the current release schedule that would make it at least 20 months away, so around January 2015 tongue.png (more if Black templars keep their own codex).

I suggest a change of tactics for now. One of our first problems is that people cannot play sisters if they do not have the white dwarf codex. This is something that needs to be rectified before more players can even hope to begin. As a result, I believe we should simply request that the current SoB codex is presented as a downloadable .PDF file available to all for free.

Benefits we can list in our arguments are:

More new sisters players, thus more sales of the current sisters models.

Greater exposure of the sisters of battle faction, creating a larger consumer base and higher demand when the range is eventually updated.

Goodwill amongst the community, as GW facilitates the players of all factions by lending transparency to the armies capabilities and rules, allowing for allied choices and providing a way for the existing players or returning players to reuse/return to their armies if they have lost access to the current ruleset. All of these translate into yet more sales.

I think it's a fantastic idea. (Although I secretly want to be the only person playing SoB so i can them to myself) If we can get GW to allow access to the codex we'll be able to add new SoB players to the pool. More SoB players means GW will have more interest in new SoB's! WAAAGH! Err... sorry, For the Emperor!

WAAAGH! Err... sorry, For the Emperor!

*eyes you suspiciously*

I look forward to the day I can throw a ton of money at GW for plastic sister models done up like the current Space Wolf and Grey Knight kits.

I fee your pain.  I too would love to see new sisters stuff, a nice released dex, and more general love for the army.  but then again, I dont want to see a larger player base!  I like being the only one that plays them in my area.  I don't like playing armies that EVERYONE else plays!  Lol.  All the Armies I have I got because no-one plays them (except my choas but thats just because I had a fun idea for a conversion army!) where I live.

I have thought about sitting down and trying to write my own full codex for sisters and sending it GW but I already know that it would get ignored!  It would have all the same stuff we have now plus a few new things in dex such as a fighter, some anti-air, repressor...  Also bringing back some of the old stuff from older versions like storm troopers, inquistors, and the like.

Triple post, I guess that means you would really hate it. But I agree. No inquisition, they already made that mistake once. Anti-psyker is an idea I've been kicking around though. As a home grown rule.

I don't know that any amount of petitioning will get GW's attention though. Hope, that is all there is.

Nope, less is never better. Plus the whole motive of Holy Wars and Spanish Inquisition that got me into this - Witch Hunters were my first and most favourite army. So if anything, I want more Sisters, more Inquisitors and Ecclesiarchy for us to mix and match.

Don't like it ? Field a pure Sister army while others enjoy other options. Grey Knights managed to have plenty new stuff for the GK while throwing Inquisition a bone - we need that, just MORE.

Archived