Iron Snakes ETL (Cmnd Sqd assembled, more or less)

The few drops of salty water spattered the parched earth of the dead planet they had come to. The six armoured giants stood silently, reverently. The rising sun of the dead planet glinting off their dark steel Helms.

"The giving of water is complete" intoned their Captain. the warriors of Ithaka relaxed, removing helmets, surveying the dismal planet they found themselves on.
 "why have we come here, Priad" ask hipacles, his spear against his shoulder, shield slung across his back.
 "Because, boy, Phratery Master Seydon deemed it so based on the protents interperated by Master Petrock" Khyron fired back. Captain Priad allowed himself a smile. Khyron called everyone boy, even if they where older, just his nature.
 "Captain, look" Hipacles directed his attention with a spear thrust in the direction of an approaching group of Astartes led By Blue armoured warrior.

"Look sharp lads", captain Priad intoned "our undertaking begins"..............

so here we are my ETL II progress thread. I'll be posting as much progress as I can, as often as I can.

for now here is Captain Priad
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/2C3AD9F7-5A49-4072-AE29-21780EE099F1-2410-00000186504B5E2D.jpg

Khyron and Hipacles are next...

for Ithaka,

prime

Looking good so far F-P ^_^

The little fluff piece is a good idea, something I'll be doing for my Vow(s) just to add a little flavour to proceedings ^_^

Thanks all, I am currently working on Khyron the Apothacary and Hipacles the company champion. with Hipacles I'm trying to catch a feeling of energy similar to the movie 300. we'll see if I can pull it off.

@ deathspectresgt7 & Brother Cambrius: the sword in the scabbard is from the Imperial Guard Catachan kits. I had to cut it to make it look two edged, but it works. it's fluffy for the snakes to have a short blade. not all of my guys will have them, but mainly the characters & command.

The Four Armies are watching,

prime

P.S.Icensored.gif It's raining today, so no primer for Priad!furious.gif furious.giffurious.gif

Having seen what you've come up with, I think the decision to run with Iron Snakes was a good one :tu:

thanks guys, Hipacles actually took forever to get right! let's see the spear arm;

1. tactical box grenade arm-grenade hand cut off

2. command box Standard bearer "pole" arm-arm cut off. then cut the but cap off and glue it to other end.

3. glue "pole" hand to grenade arm in desired position.

4. attach spearhead as desired. I used the one from the High elf general box lance-head trimmed.

the shield was made out of a rhino hatch with a plasticard ring glued to it. the shield arm is the DA upgrade box combat shield with the shield cut off.

I couldn't resist the Irony of that, I just couldn't

come to think of it, I should probably make a press-mold of the shield. It was a censored.gif

I too say go for it with the Vanguard. I made mine with power swords and stormshields across the whole squad...the squad never makes it into army lists unless I play Apoc, but they were fun to model!

yay, I got the command squad basically built! just little things like backpacks, holsters, Gladi, pouches and the like. hopefully I'll get photos up tomorrow. and if it stops SNOWING, I might even get some primer and paint on 'em as well!

Looks good, though I'd say the lance haft seems a bit too long. When I think of a sea lance, I imagined something maybe a head taller than him, not twice his height. Ah well, if he casts well enough, he could probably shish-kebab 5 or 6 orks at once.

Lets see some paint, man!

Archived