eXetus' E Tenebrae Lux II Thread

exetus

"A force that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its strategy wrought by the meek and its battleplans executed by the foolish. Excellence in all aspects of life and battle. Mastery of our craft. That is the way of the Sanguinary Phalanx."

- Executor Aaron, Master of Recruits - M37

And so, in an effort to meet the excellence expected by the Sons of Sanguinius, below (mostly the right side of the picture, it seems), I begin my 1st Vow of E Tenebrae Lux II.

I eXetus answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Astorath (conversion for successor), three ten-man assault squads, one 10-man Death Company and four Storm Raven Gunships from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 2,280 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sanguinary Phalanx (and by association, their Blood Angel brethren) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

The painted model in the middle (Executor Tornaeus, Captain of the 3rd Company) represents the general color scheme of the officers of the Sanguinary Phalanx. The linked Chapter name has the general scheme for the battle brothers of the Chapter.

gallery_34460_8491_1812480.jpg

Thanks man!  It won't count towards our points, but there's a Warhound that'll be completed as well.  :D

And maybe another vow or two.

Thanks man! It won't count towards our points, but there's a Warhound that'll be completed as well. biggrin.png

And maybe another vow or two.

You should make one for me while you're at it ;) haha, anyways I like that I can see the model that is your profile picture over off to the side :P He's photobombing laugh.png

Ugh, that moment when you're working on a conversion and you suddenly realize that you don't have any green stuff/modeling putty. Motivation for the night shot... *le sigh*

wallbash.gif

Motivation restored... did my first Green Stuff work beyond filling gaps... ever. My Astorath analog is mostly done although I may still change out some bits and pieces, the upper body is largely correct...

gallery_34460_8491_651145.jpg

Nikros - the Voice of Truth

gallery_34460_8491_902013.jpg

Nice start ^_^  I'm going to be tentatively using gs a lot more than a few little details soon, which is both exciting and daunting at the same time :blink:  Hope everything goes well for you ^_^

Nice start happy.png I'm going to be tentatively using gs a lot more than a few little details soon, which is both exciting and daunting at the same time blink.png Hope everything goes well for you happy.png

It really IS daunting. I know that there are a few heads I could have used and some from other game systems or whatnot, but I wanted to truly make something on my own. It's so basic now, but better to start now so that when I go to embellish my Warhound, I can be that much better and not ruin her. Best of luck to you when you get started as well!

Nice start happy.png I'm going to be tentatively using gs a lot more than a few little details soon, which is both exciting and daunting at the same time blink.png Hope everything goes well for you happy.png

It really IS daunting. I know that there are a few heads I could have used and some from other game systems or whatnot, but I wanted to truly make something on my own. It's so basic now, but better to start now so that when I go to embellish my Warhound, I can be that much better and not ruin her. Best of luck to you when you get started as well!

Someone after my own heart ^_^ The HQ I already have and the one I'm doing for ETL are both kitbashes, using quite a few bitz. It's a lot of fun planning out which bitz to use, but my gs-fu is still very weak. Still, as you said, better start now and get better ;)

And thank you. I'll be having a go in the next few days.

Archived