Bring on the heat! Salamander Allies.

Azatoth

I think the Sisters only need allies when they need access to flyers. Salamanders are strike fast with meltas and our Dominon Squads already have that covered.

What have the Salamander's been taking when using Sisters as allies?

lol, one day is not enough to get a decent response, Azathoth, especially not a saturday.

That said, I have no experience in the situation, not having used C:SM since I've had enough Sisters not to bother with them. I used to use a couple of Scout squads though, back under the 3e allies rules.

I think the Sisters only need allies when they need access to flyers. Salamanders are strike fast with meltas and our Dominon Squads already have that covered.

What have the Salamander's been taking when using Sisters as allies?

It seems some players are using the wording in Vulcan's Chaptertactics description, to apply twinlinked to the Flamers and Meltas of Sister Allies.

I have not looked up the latest eratta in concern to that. But this is not about rules beating stuff, I just like the Salamanders and thought their fire based theme would go nicely with our ladies.

Sisters and Space Marines are just Allies of Convenience, so Vulcan can not give the Sisters flamers/meltas the twinlinked ablitity. 

Well it seems to be have been errataed by now, so he can only give it to SM allies.

Before you should consider the fact, that it was an army wide effect, which is not a psychic power, nor a warlord trait, nor was it targeted. So I guess people tried to extend it to the SoB based on that.

Currently it is not possible anymore.

Sisters (and the Ecclesiarchy in general) view Space Marines as necessary if unlikable assets. Recall that most chapters - especially the original legions - have their own chapter cults which are grossly divergent from the Imperial Cult. In particular, few chapters actively worship the Emperor as a god: they see him as a man, albeit a great man. As we've discussed here before, it really does serve as a point of contention. Sisters on the other hand do see the Emperor as a god and view those that disagree as heretics...on which they have a rather strict policy. They don't pick fights with marine chapters due to old pacts (like everything else in the Imperium) and the fact that in-fighting only serves to aid their mutual enemies. Thematically, I see Sisters only allying with Space Marines when there's a clear need for it and no way around it: both are capable - and utterly separate - fighting forces.

That said, that doesn't really consider pure tactical concerns, e.g. power-armored close combat units, terminator units, general marine versatility, etc. But there's good commentary on that already. :) More my role to point out how unhappy both sides would be with that particular team up.

Archived