new mechanicum units

confirmed for HH2: Massacre are "Mechanicum Legio cybernetica and Titan Legion"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ixjgOEP9i1A/UZiwJd4zzDI/AAAAAAAABIM/FlnbGDnlw4Q/s1600/IMG_2881.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eLAR05o8-s4/UZjvv7G65sI/AAAAAAAAXvA/OKULmGt7XnM/s1600/HH-Mechanicus-01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ayaHJ_tj2I0/UZlBc0qN1dI/AAAAAAAAPDU/BvKvTWnc5kI/s1600/P1050272.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Gk4ysz91LD8/UZeVahy0jsI/AAAAAAAAO5k/22rcntdQzZg/s1600/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368878929.058010.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lKjZYV3NqR8/UZeVaY23vuI/AAAAAAAAO5g/cms8tHmXBsQ/s1600/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368878121.051050.jpg

The snail thing supposedly is an upgrade for the robots.

I see what looks like a flamer on the back of one's fists but the other two in the photo of the painted ones...bolt guns?

Yep, seems like the standart dread Power fist armament. the shoulder-mounted gun looks like a heavy bolter with an unusual nozzle (perhaps upgraded to mega?), which suits the old castellan class. I'm exited about how their forcefield will work ruleswise (hope it's more innovative than 5++).

could the snail be a cataphract (or "cataphrax", judging from the cybernetica designation trend so far)? looks like claw+flamer, bolter and some fancy lascannon-thing...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/thumb/5/56/Cataphract2.jpg/150px-Cataphract2.jpg

Besides, I bet we'll see the colossus ("colossux"? lol) class remade together with IW in HH3 (the iron circle, perturabo's personal guard: TH/SS + storm bolters/multi-meltas).

What can I say? I really, really like them! I think the HH series is the best thing that happened to GW since moving from RT to 2nd... biggrin.png

True. I'm very excited by every HH release. The chance to collect Space Marine Legion is alone worth of joy, then add the ability to finally build a Mechanicum army: it's simply amazing!

I may yet get some of this if and when we get a troops choice I recognise. Maybe a mob of servitors? I know that seems a little plain, but the cool stuff needs some bland to be cool by contast.

I disagree. We're the AdMech. Space Marines are the bland to make us look cool.

'Kay, then, I also want to build the list I dreamed of as a little boy out of the Black Codex, but couldn't afford all the metal servitors before third ed came out.

Also, marines are what you stuff in the Corvus Assault Pod or the Imperitor's Leg Bastions when Skittles aren't available.

Go for it then biggrin.png

Where are my rules?

If I can't game with it and there by show it to the muchachos in the hobby shop and collect the warm fuzzy that is seeing them telling their friends about 'that guys cool conversions' what's the point?

The various aspects of the mini-wargaming hobby are, to me, very tightly intertwined. I ain't no paint-saint, so there's no gain for posting it online, but their well built and credible from three feet away. Good enough that I can fight the local champ's cheese list to a draw and look good doing it.

All the stompy robots are groovy, but I still want my skittles and servitors to hold the objectives. And non-named character HQs.

That's what the allies rules are for.

Honestly, it seems like you're making problems for the sake of sulking. Yes, Servitors in Reductor Remnants and Space Marine lists can't score because they're Elites choices - but that makes sense. Servitors are too braindead to hold objectives anyway, and Allies lets you use your skittles in either case. As for non-named HQs, just build your counts-as-Calleb and call him whatever you like. He's a pretty standard Magos Castellan.

Where are my rules?

be careful what you wish for...It is much easier to find good rules to count-as your awesome conversions than to get rid of bad rules for your models once released.

that being said, I think it's been a very long time since I used an official GW model together with its actual rules...

be careful what you wish for...It is much easier to find good rules to count-as your awesome conversions than to get rid of bad rules for your models once released.

that being said, I think it's been a very long time since I used an official GW model together with its actual rules...

At the risk of being grumpy for its own sake, the peril I find with swearing allegiance to Count Zazz is the rules flux between editions. If I'm going to go to all the effort to fabricate some fifty or so figures to acceptable standards that appropriately represent the gear of the proxied 'dex for the core that will form the basis of most of the army, I prefer it to align with an established faction identity to ensure the continuity of utility of the figures for years to come.

As an arbitrary example, if I felt that the current Tau book best represented the vision and modeled my Fire-skittles with tru-scale bolters on old scale bodies to emphasise their largeness to reflect pulse tech the tau rules are based on, but five or so years from now the 'Nid book kludges to the 'vision' better the figs I'd bodge for servi-gaunts are different. Maybe it's unfair that I expect indefinite utility from my miniatures purchases, but I retire nothing by choice from active service. I'm certain that someday the whirlwind in my photogallery will return to the table to slaughter guardsmen.

I expect that when it's released I'll find a way to lay my fingers on this tome. Then I'll contemplate and make the call whither I'm more keen on those Troops than the lightning gunners from book one.

Would that I could experience the hobby as you do, reliant on acceptance of outlandish conversions. You're one of the luckier ones.

Such things as continuity directly contradict GW's overall design intent (profit), so don't rely on that too much. At the rate they're pumping out releases these days, no army is viable for more than [the time I need to assemble it] anyway. I just get the models I like and take them for a walk when I get good rules (seldomly). yeah I'm grumpy, too ;)

Such things as continuity directly contradict GW's overall design intent (profit), so don't rely on that too much. ... yeah I'm grumpy, too msn-wink.gif

I still run the self same forty tactical marines I did in the early ninties. I've of late also ran the same captain figure that lead my army when his jump pack was a wargear card.

Similar goes for the hundred or so guardsmen with lasguns, thirty odd battle sisters with bolters, hundred ork boyz with sluggas and shootas, all my aspect warriors and guardians, and the genestealers, none of these have changed since first contemplated. These are what I like to think of as 'perenial models', or maybe 'evergreens', they're always the core of the army. Auxilary elements may come and go, but the grunts tend to stay the same. The Iron Warriors are new, but I don't think most of them will flux that badly with editions, I expect to always need a fair number of evil dudes with bolters.

The trick I've found, is to suss out as best I can what the 'core vision' of a faction is, and build congruent with that, 'cause it's the most likely to remain playable between editions and codicies. I still wrestle with what the 'core vision' of the ad-mech is going to be, but it looks like 'stompy robot' may be a strong influence. 'Horde of servitors with a few tech priests' is what I imagined as a child, perhaps based mostly on the list entry in ye old black 'dex, and I still cling to that thought. If I'm lucky both could be true, I could have my mind-scrubbed automaton legion supported by stompy 'bots.

lucky you, my DE and crons (and daemons, since they are no longer viable as dark mech) have been almost completely overhauled between editions. marines will be marines, yet still I have so many stompy/slithery/shooty evil bots catching dust.

Troop choices for mechanicum forces however should include rather smallish servitor maniples as well as bigger units of skitarii (pretty much just fancy guardsmen) imo.

Archived