Horus Heresy Tactica: Legion Apothecarion Detachment

Thanks for the replies. I don't think the Apothecary is a bad unit. I personally think it's one of the better choices between the HQ but not like the the Techmarine. To clarify what I was saying in my article, there's not really any stand out stratagy or build for this unit. It really is just a matter of what squad you want to have Feel No Pain.

@Durfast Spiritwolf

I won't deny giving a twent strong squad Feel No Pain is not a good think, but when compaired to how many points you are playing at and how many choices there are for each Force Organization slot, you might not see that many Apothecaries.

@AekoldHelbrass

I don't have any Apothecaries in my army yet; I been trying out the myrid of other units that are unique to the Horus Heresy book. However, with the experience I have with standard codex Apothecaries, I can say they are a nice unit to have, and I will be adding a couple of Apothecaries once I settle on what my core army is going to consist of.

If we assume that every list takes generally 2X 20Man Squads (Lets face it why wouldn't you?!) Thats 40 bodies getting FnP from a single Apothecary. In the games I've played against beefed up Eldar and another HH enthusiast they made back their points from FnP saves. HH has the ability to field some devastating weaponry and I never leave home without 2 Apothecaries in Artificer.

I take it you mean twenty bodies from a single Apothecary, C_W, as he has to be attached to a single squad and the Narthecium gives FNP to that unit only.

I'm sure that's what you meant, but didn't want anyone else getting confused :)

Archived