Dark Sorcery

Dedlok

Here is the first major character for my chaos warband:

Chaos Sorcerer Corramiah Hellix, former librarian of the Iron Shadows Chapter. Usually seen on the battlefield directing the fallen enemies he has raised up as zombie abominations to fight for his eldritch masters...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/142/f/d/dark_sorcery_by_velken0027-d667l23.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/142/1/f/dead_men_walking_by_velken0027-d667oqy.jpg

It's so...I don't even know...huh.

It's got kind of a Toxic Avenger neon TMNT ooze thing going on.  I think the word I'm looking for is "cartoony."  

The gushing green goup is a funny touch, but it's kinda sad to see it pooling on an otherwise basic black base.

All in all, very weird, and pretty amusing :)

It's so...I don't even know...huh.

It's got kind of a Toxic Avenger neon TMNT ooze thing going on. I think the word I'm looking for is "cartoony."

The gushing green goup is a funny touch, but it's kinda sad to see it pooling on an otherwise basic black base.

All in all, very weird, and pretty amusing smile.png

Thanks, thats what I was going for - dark and evil has its place, but I wanted to have at least one villain character who was colourful and fun, to contrast with a grim and serious hero (to be written later).

I take your point about the bases - at first I tried texturing and painting some all over, but the goop didn't stand out well enough. I might try som very dark, patchy flocking on them later, see if that looks better. It was important that the goop should stand out - all of the zombies are in different coloured armour, but I wanted to make sure that they all looked like they belonged in the same unit, so I muted all of the armour colours and used the bright green goop as a unifying theme throughout the squad. Fluffwise I thought it could be a side effect of the warp magic used to raise them making their blood glow.

Archived