Warpsmith

I just finished this fella. He is a member of the chaos warband I came up with, the Blood Reapers (former Blood Angels). Took all night and was kind of a pain in the butt, but I like how he turned out.

Warpsmith

Warpsmith

Warpsmith

I'm having a really hard time making out much in the way of detail, though I can't quite put my finger on why.

Partly it could be the limited palette of black and silver. The two blend together a bit too well in the front. But on the back, it went well- what I imagine was a wash did well to create definition.

Hrm..huh.png

I'm having a really hard time making out much in the way of detail, though I can't quite put my finger on why.

Partly it could be the limited palette of black and silver. The two blend together a bit too well in the front. But on the back, it went well- what I imagine was a wash did well to create definition.

Hrm..huh.png

Yeah, I was thinking afterwards that I should have added more red to the front of the model, but I justified it partly as "he's a chaos techmarine, he should mostly be silver!" Then I got distracted by the cool flame effect I came up with and it kinda just turned out like this.

Archived