"Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore.'" -Raven Guard Blog 23/5

Chaeron

Recently perusing eBay I saw an auction I REALLY wanted - and was successful in picking it up! I thought it would be perfect for a Raven Guard strike force, and therefore with a few other marine heavy auctions I had picked up recently, I set to work putting it into a cohesive army. I'm confident it'll be pretty fun, cheap - and more importantly - a BIG test for my painting skills. Here's hoping that they come out vaguely nicely then...!

I've managed to get this all out and take stock. Now, there's still more at home being stripped (e.g. the other scouts), and then will have an allied Ravenwing detachment (to make use of the DV set and give me some options!) to go with this lot:

HQ
Captain Shrike with his retinue of five Lightning Claw Veterans
Command Squad 1 - Five marines including with Apothecary and Chaplain, champion etc.
Command Squad 2 - Six marines including Captain, Apothecary, missile launcher and a couple of company champions.

Elites

Vets - 6 vets with close combat geared weapons and with a plasma gun
Dreadnought

Troops

Tactical Squad 1 - 10 marines with Meltagun and Missile Launcher
Tactical Squad 2 - 6 marines with Flamer
Tactical Squad 3 - 6 marines with Meltagun and Power Fist
Tactical Squad 4-  6 marines with Power Fist and Flamer
Tactical Squad 5-  6 marines with Meltagun and Power Fist
Tactical Squad 6 -  6 marines with Power Fist and Flamer
Tactical Squad 7 - 6 marines with Meltagun and Power Fist
Tactical Squad 8 -  6 marines with Power Fist and Flamer
Tactical Squad 9 - 8 marines with Plasmagun and Power Fist

Seven scouts with missile launcher and sniper rifles (minus a couple to make the two squads)

FA

5 Man Assault Squad Assault squad

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad 1 - Five marines with four Lascannons
Devastator Squad 2 - Five marines with two Plasma Cannons, one Missile Launcher and one Multi-Melta
Devastator Squad 3 - Five marines with four Missile Launchers

Making 111 models including the Dread by my count... Pretty hench overall?

The picture isn't fantastic - but should give you an overview of what needs to stripped/glued/painted etc.!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/IMG-20130523-00198_zpsc0792a9d.jpg

Thoughts, advice, tips?!

Anyway - this is more a statement of intent, and a start, so let's see where this one takes us!

Archived