Planet Murder in Horus Rising novel

Hi all,

Not sure where to put it put I think the most knowledgeable people for the question will be on this subsection of B&C.

Can anyone advise me of possible pictures or recommendations of how to paint base for marines on planet murder.

Basically I want to make a Emperor's Children loyalist company with Saul Tarvitz as there leader on Planet murder battling the Megarachnids..

The description seems strange and if anyone has some pointers or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

For the Emperor Brothers!

This is the closest I can find to an image of Murder. Going by the drawing, its probably from the hardback version of Horus Rising.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/5/59/Emperor%27s_Children_on_Murder.jpg

I'd just go with something like a grassy base.

I dont have the book to hand, from what I remember they fought through huge long reed forests, could model a couple stalks on the bases of various marines, maybe have one hacking a reed down?

Kol Saresk that is a great pic!! 

Kaiser the thing is I dont remember was there sand below or earth?? And  I do remember that it said something about the color red either the earth or the trees...

If anyone has it more fresh it would be great for a pointer... 

How would I make the stalks on the bases though??  I am trying to find ready made bases from resin .. or some that need small modifications but not really happy yet

As I dont really have a good picture of planet murder.

If anyone has it more fresh it would be great for a pointer... 

How would I make the stalks on the bases though??  I am trying to find ready made bases from resin .. or some that need small modifications but not really happy yet

As I dont really have a good picture of planet murder.

Okay, I have the description from the book. I'm sure you are familiar with it so I am just quoting the passage so those who aren't familiar with it can see it so we can all come up with some interpretations. From many directions we can all find the same river or something like that.

Page 209, Horus Rising

"The dropsite environs was disconcerting. Under an enamel-white sky, fizzling and blemished by the megarachnid shield-storms, the land was undulating plain of ferrous red dust from which a sea of gigantic grass stalks grew, grey-white like dirty ice. Each stalk, as thick as a man's plated thigh, rose up straight to a height of twenty meters: tough, dry and bristly. They swished gently in the radioactive wind, but such was their size, at ground level, the air was filled with the creaking, moaning sound of their structures in motion. The Astartes moved through the groaning forest of stalks like lice in a wheatfield."

So I'd imagine that is indeed hard packed earth, probably something you'd find on farmland when the crops are growing. Or if you were among the crops to be specific.

As for modeling the stalks, I'm not sure because these things are pretty big and tall but at the same time the next paragraph says they have grown so close together that there is only a few meters visibility.

They were being pretty hard on the grass while battling, so maybe have broken pieces litter their bases instead of upright stalks. If you have extra bases, use them to make some copses of upright stalks. If nothing else, you can use them as a backdrop when you take some pictures of your units.

Well, it's 30k. Who's to say that there isn't some sort of Tyranid-like species that was developing in our own galaxy? Or that the Tyranids were the only species to ever play with biotech? Until the Emperor and his Legions destroyed so many of them, there a whole slew of myriad alien species. The Nephilim, the Kinebrach, those dudes who become extinct in Flight of the Eisenstein and the list goes on. Who can say that they all used mechanical technology and that not more than a few of them used biotech or some sort of cyber-organic technology? Or something different from the three?

I always thought it'd be cool if Tyranid's did show up in the Great crusade but a pretty small and yet-to-be developed tendril, only to get smashed aside so easy due to the legion structure that they just wrote them off as some random xeno's encounter.

Archived