Hmm, Catachan arms you say?  Interesting.  I've been pondering potential Scout conversions of a similar sort.

Anyway, an interesting start, and pretty unique.  I feel you may have overused that one topknot head though.  You have 6 clones in a squad of 10.  It's hard to overlook that.  One or two baldies wouldn't hurt, and just slapping a quick greenstuff fu manchu on one or two would make it plenty WS, topknot or no.

Real nice work so far.

Catachan arms work perfectly - they're much more in proportion with a marine than a guardsman.

Pfft, not when they're built like Arnold or Carl Weathers in Predator.

I mean, there’s still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going.

Thanks. I wanted to try to do something to set them apart. I originally was going to do this for my space wolves but i think that since White Scars are some what of a barbarian bunch themsleves it works. My intent is to paint tattoos on their arms when i get them painted, possibly tribal type tattoos. The arms and heads are simple converions but i like them. I like the topknots. I think they work. That is after all the theme of the army. Not one WS model GW produces without a helmet is without a topknot. I think that some of the higher ranking models would be the more probe to go without them if anyone would. Just like all the SW recruits shave their heads to mowhawks i think it would be the same way with WS. It would show not only that you are a scout or recruit but create unity within the squads but that is just my thoughts behind it. I don't think that they are all clones, the heads may be the same but i tried to make every one of them unique and have different poses. Thanks for the comments everyone!

i also have more that i am working on but i did these before i started the catachan armed ones so they are noromal scouts with different heads. Some are regular scouts, scout snipers, and bike snipers. I will try to get some of them posted up as soon as i can.

• 9 months later...
Thanks. I was particularly happy with how it turned out. I used a head gun to melt and mold the plastic card to try to get a waving effect. Since Kor'sarro is the huntsmen and his job is to bring back the heads of the greatest enemies of the chapter it seemed appropriate to have a collection of skulls on his company banner.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived