Exorcist pricing

I've been thinking of buying an exorcist to fill out anti-tank duties in my Sisters force. I was going to go for the forgeworld one cause I prefer the look, the classic is a little too ostentatious for me.

But just as I went to the forgeworld site to buy it I realised the price had been hiked up to £40, where previously i was certain it was cheaper than the GW version. Am I going mad or is this true?

I really dislike arbitrary price rise shenanigans. If it's true I might skip out entirely on the exorcist/scratch build my own smile.png

I've been thinking of buying an exorcist to fill out anti-tank duties in my Sisters force. I was going to go for the forgeworld one cause I prefer the look, the classic is a little too ostentatious for me.

But just as I went to the forgeworld site to buy it I realised the price had been hiked up to £40, where previously i was certain it was cheaper than the GW version. Am I going mad or is this true?

I really dislike arbitrary price rise shenanigans. If it's true I might skip out entirely on the exorcist/scratch build my own smile.png

Yep they raised the price at the tail-end of 2012 if I remember correctly. I too was looking around that time and noticed the FW one go up, so in the end I bought the GW one instead, since I do like the model, and the Whirlwind was almost as much.

I'm thinking about scratch building another too, so if you do that make sure you post it up so we can see :)

when they first came out, the original exorcist model (forge world) was pretty much a whirl wind with rounded launchers.  Heck I still use a whirl wind exorcist model for an exorcist.  The local game store here where I moved didn't carry ANY Battle Sister stuff until I started bugging him to sell it.

Yeah but I bought a whirlwind spruce well over a year ago when you could buy just a spruce from a blitz store. Still debating on how to add a second one but if I can find that spare clear canopy I might go back and convert the whirlwind missiles to be giant pods on the side of an exorcist turret. I am thinking to get another I have to get a whirlwind kit plus an excorcist kit and use the spare rhino chassis as just a regular rhino.

I use a Whirlwind as well. Got one off a friend for a steal and repainted it in the Order of the Argent Shroud colors. I plan on using some bitz from my future Immolator purchase to bling it out, but I don't get any grief at all from the players at my store, and any who act confused get shown a picture of the forge world model and promptly understand.

Archived