Sisters of Battle 2000 pt Army List

Session

I'll be joining in with the league play at the local game store this June. This month the point total is 2000 points. I had originally had an Imperial Guard Ally contingent but dropped it in favor of a pure Sisters of Battle army. I don't really care if I win or not, I have recently finished painting my army and wish to play!

HQ

Saint Celestine - 115

Canoness - 115

(Power Sword*, Combi Flamer, Rosarius, Melta Bombs)

Troops

10x Sisters of Battle Squad A - 165

(Melta, Multi Melta, Sister Superior w/Plasma Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs)

10x Sisters of Battle Squad B - 165

10x Sisters of Battle Squad C - 165

10x Sisters of Battle Squad D - 155

(Melta, Multi Melta, Sister Superior w/Power Sword*, Bolter Melta Bombs)

10x Sisters of Battle Squad E - 140

(Melta, Multi Melta, Sister Superior w/Bolter)

Fast Attack

9x Seraphim Squad - 180

(2x hand flamers)

5x Dominion Squad - 105

(4x Flamers, Sister Superior w/Plasma Pistol Chainsword)

Heavy Support

3x Penitent Engine Squadron - 255

Exorcist A - 135

Exorcist B - 135

Dedicated Transports

Rhino - Sister Squad A - 35

Rhino - Sister Squad B - 35

Rhino - Sister Squad C - 35

Immolator - Dominion Squad 65

*I'm hoping to craft and paint some Power Maul's to replace the Power Swords before the league starts. Power Swords are what they are currently wielding.

My plan is to attach Saint Celestine to the Seraphim Squad and they will lead the frontal assault.

The Canoness will attach to the Dominion Squad and there primary objective will be Horde removal.

Squads A,B,C will each go for objectives if the mission calls for it.

Squads D,E and Exorcists will be Fire Support.

The Penitent Engines will follow the Seraphim and hopefully make it into close combat.

I plan on adding a squad of Repentia as soon as I order some.....but that is another place and time. I may also add a 2nd Seraphim squad with inferno pistols as soon as I get around to painting them. Hopefully I'll have some great pictures to share after I have my ass handed to me by Codex'd armies.

For the Emperor!

I'm afraid your Dominion squad is illegal. They can only take 2 special weapons per 5 Dominions.

If you're going with plasma pistol and chainsword, you should think about converting for plasma pistol and bolt pistol for the extra shot at range without losing out on close-combat capability.

For the relative points value, I'd suggest melta-dominions rather than melta-seraphim. Outflanking makes the jump packs less important and hand flamer seraphim are insanely good.

I'm afraid your Dominion squad is illegal. They can only take 2 special weapons per 5 Dominions.

If you're going with plasma pistol and chainsword, you should think about converting for plasma pistol and bolt pistol for the extra shot at range without losing out on close-combat capability.

Good call on the Dominion Squad, I downsized the squad to get my Immolator into the list and totally forgot about the special weapon limitation.

I'm not sure what you mean by switching the Chainsword to a bolt pistol? How would this result in an extra shot for a non Seraphim squad?

For the relative points value, I'd suggest melta-dominions rather than melta-seraphim. Outflanking makes the jump packs less important and hand flamer seraphim are insanely good.

Gunslingers is now a universal rule - everyone can fire two pistols in the shooting phase if they have them.

I need to thank you for opening my eyes to this little factoid. Although I do love the look of a good chainsword having a duel pistol wielding Sister Superior is pretty cool too (and more effective!).

How/where would you suggest adding the Repentia squad(how many)? I have a unit of 9 + Superior that I would like to include in this list (I've never played, but your list is almost exactly what I have so far as models). My initial thought is one of the Pen Engines?

With Repentia, you need numbers.  They suffer attrition reallly bad.  I normally run Squad +3 to 4 extra and attach a Jacobus to them.  This gives them 5 attacks each on the charge with a reroll to hit on the charge.  YOU HAVE TO PROTECT THEM.  They die very easy.  Stick them in a rhino and keep it behind the others.  Rush them forward and drop them out behind the rhinos after you drop out the sisters.  this cause people to have a targeting prioriy issue.  Shoot at the one squad of Repentia hiding a turn behind the vehicles or the 20 or 30 sisters standing right infront of them burning thier faces off.

Drop the Canoness and melta-bombs from the troop squads. Add in 6 Repentia and Mistress. You should have 1 point free to spend.

- or -

Drop Canoness. Add 5 Repentia and Mistress. Give a melta bomb and Stormbolter to Squad E Sister Superior. This woud be dead even on points.

For what it's worth, this is my standard 2000 point list.

Saint Celestine 115

Uriah Jacobus 95

Battle Conclave(9) - Crusader(3), DCA(6), Rhino 170

Battle Sisters(10)- melta(2), Rhino 180

Battle Sisters(10)- melta(2), Rhino 180

Battle Sisters(10)- flamer(2), Rhino 170

Seraphim(8)- twin flamers(2), Eviscerator 190

Dominions(5)- melta(2), combi-melta, Immolator w/ MM 180

Dominions(5), melta(2), combi-melta, Immolator w/ MM 180

Exorcist 135

Exorcist 135

Retributors(10)- Heavy Bolter(4), Storm bolter, Simulacrum 168

ADL with quad-gun 100

If you drop the defense line and cut the Retributors down to 8 models you can fit a basic Repentia squad in and add a rhino (borrowed from the Retributors) to the list. That would be how I ran them before.

In other words, since 6th edition the defense line has taken the spot where I used to put my Repentia :(

With Repentia, you need numbers.  They suffer attrition reallly bad.  I normally run Squad +3 to 4 extra and attach a Jacobus to them.  This gives them 5 attacks each on the charge with a reroll to hit on the charge.  YOU HAVE TO PROTECT THEM.  They die very easy.  Stick them in a rhino and keep it behind the others.  Rush them forward and drop them out behind the rhinos after you drop out the sisters.  this cause people to have a targeting prioriy issue.  Shoot at the one squad of Repentia hiding a turn behind the vehicles or the 20 or 30 sisters standing right infront of them burning thier faces off.

Sounds like a solid idea. I finally had a game last night in which my Penitent Engines took out 3 squads of Grey Knights. The game ended up being a draw but I was satisfied knowing my 255 points in Penitent Engines actually did something.

Personally I was thinking about dropping down to 4 Troop squads to fit in a small Repentia squad. I still haven't decided yet.

Archived