Favourite 'Thought for the day'

Kierdale

I am currently scratch-building a carry case (a tutorial to be posted this weekend, offspring willing) for some infantry (primarily my IG but anyone could be put in it in principle) and want to put some 'Thoughts for the Day' on the outside. Give it a little atmosphere.

I've gone through all those listed in the Lexicanum and narrowed it down to the following nine. I'd like to ask which you would choose. I'm thinking of putting two or three of them on it.

1. By the manner of their death we shall know them.

2. Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men.

3. Look to your wargear!

4. My armour is contempt.

5. Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

6. Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind.

7. Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy's.

8. The Emperor commands; we obey.

9. Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

If anyone has any other suggestions, they too are welcome.

I'm a huge fan of "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment", First saw it in a GW christmas leaflet, the kind you leave lying around for your parents to find and thought it was deliciously ironic :D

Thanks, gents.

It looks like I'll go with:

In the darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness look to the madman to show the way.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy's.

and

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Plus something along the lines of "Regiment Issue" stenciled on the side.

I'll post a link to the tutorial once I get it done, hopefully this weekend.

EDIT: I know "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" is popular and a good one, but I get bad vibes when I think about putting that on my army's carry case!

"All hail the martyrs! On their blood is our Imperium founded, in their remembrance do we honour ourselves."

"It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself."

"Only in death does duty end."

"Sometimes the good must perish so that the rest survive. The lot of courage is to be sacrificed upon the altar of battle."

Okay, okay! :D

I'll save some for a second carry case! If I put all of them on this first one it'll look like a frequent flyer's suitcase. Just need some 'We went to sunny Tallarn' stickers too...

I'll put more on a second case.

I'm also planning some cases for my armour, so armour-centric suggestions are also welcome ;)

"Faith is my shield"

"Only in death does duty end"

"Through Discipline we prevail"

"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt"

"Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation"

"He who stand with me shall be my brother"

"For the Emperor!" - Can't believe no ones said this one.

Colonel Strickland: The reinforcements were greatly appreciated... erm, have you got any more?

Major Elim Rawne: I hate last stands, there's never time to practise them.

I'm also planning some cases for my armour, so armour-centric suggestions are also welcome msn-wink.gif

Infantry win firefights. Tanks win battles. Artillery win wars

I have at my command an entire battle group of the Imperial Guard. Fifty regiments, including specialized drop troops, stealthers, mechanized formations, armored companies, combat engineers and mobile artillery. Over half a million fighting men and thirty thousand tanks and artillery pieces are mine to command. Emperor show mercy to the fool that stands against me, for I shall not.

was considering customising this a bit, reduce (or increase? yeah right nobody has that size army) the numbers down to your own army levels and put it at the top of your army list

so

I have at my command an entire company of the Imperial Guard. Five platoons, including specialized drop troops, haevy weapon squads, mechanized formations, armoured squadrons, combat engineers and mobile artillery. Over 250 fighting men and 12 tanks and artillery pieces are mine to command. Emperor show mercy to the fool that stands against me, for I shall not.

lol, not so impressive :)

Archived