Cloaked Paladins and Purifers, Help needed!

Hello guys! I am working on updating my grey knights and thought I'd do something special for my paladins and purifiers. For my paladins I thought I'd give them hooded heads, give all of them a tabard and a cloak. I like the idea of mixing the Deathwing Knight look into Paladins. I plan to use the heads from the deathwing command squad, the cloak from the same box, and the tabards the grey knight terminators come with, to cloak all of them. Of course, buying the cape bit 10 times over is expensive, so any ideas/help is welcome. I am not interested in fur cloaks, ideally I want to use clean caps, no rips or tears, and thus the Deathwing cloak is the only one ive found.

For the purifiers I am not going to give them hoods, I want to give them an over the shoulders cloak. For instance, the exact look im going for is the look the SM scouts have with camo cloaks on. I was wondering if anyone had experience essentially tearing off the cloaks and using other torsoes and legs. 

Anyways, That's what I'm shooting for so any help is welcome. Thanks!

I would actually recommend green stuff or Anvil Industries bitz (though I don't know that those are Terminator-sized, and they're not the over-the-shoulder type that you want for your purifiers).

Mostly because having the same cloak in the same position over and over in the same squad is quite jarring.

• 2 weeks later...

One tip for making cloaks is to use some plastic bags, a thikcker kind like ziplock helps. you roll out the GS on the bag, then fold it over and drape it over the model, wrinkle it up and let it cure. once it's cured and hardened the plastic will peel off and you just trim the GW down to what you want hanging off of the model.  The end effect can look a litle too thick, like it's a heavy canvas, picture is of my first attempt...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Ronnen/GEDC0838_zps3d551308.jpg

Archived