Ghoul Stars Crusade: Achievement unlocked - Rainbow Warrior

So I am very busy preparing modells for my ETL II Vow and finally build the chaplain on bike for my Templars.

I know that the Green Stuff elements are quite bad. However I am unsure: Should I replace the head with a Chaplain helmet? I like helmets better and it might look more like a chaplain, but I dont want to waste this nice head with mask this model has.

med_gallery_11456_6040_892671.jpg
med_gallery_11456_6040_212860.jpg

Keep the face whistlingW.gif

The old chaplain on bike model had it's helmet on the back of his bike (along with a book and some chains if i remember correctly)
Maybe something u can use, if you can get you're hands on it ^^

Cheers,
Stepper

Keep the face whistlingW.gif

The old chaplain on bike model had it's helmet on the back of his bike (along with a book and some chains if i remember correctly)

Maybe something u can use, if you can get you're hands on it ^^

Cheers,

Stepper

I have this small set, but I aldready attached helmet from chaplain Sepharicus on the back of the bike if you look closely.

I tend to dislike Chaplains without skull heads.  

Too much DA and not enough Templar in this model.  Crosses!  We need more crosses man!  And chains!  Maybe a shield for flavor.

Drilling the bolters and sealing up some seams (the hood and the front tire) couldn't hurt either.  A few mold lines are still hiding around the model too, like on the tip of the throttle.

I tend to dislike Chaplains without skull heads.  

Me too, however I really like the grim look of the head too.

Funny fact: I always wanted only chaplains with helmet, and ended with the only Chaplain modells without it twice. I searhced years for Chaplain helmets from the chaplain on bike sets and aquired them 7(!) years later, when I didnt had the time or courage to swap the head/helmet of my painted chaplains.

Too much DA and not enough Templar in this model.  Crosses!  We need more crosses man!  And chains!  Maybe a shield for flavor.

Funny enough I think that Dark Angel Bitz often dont fit Templars, however I think that Chaplains are the exception. But even then I think the robe on on the edge. I thought about adding more Crosses (I dont even know If you can recognise the Templar Cross on the shoulder pad).

I think that the Chaplains should still look different from the other Templars. Thats why I think that scrolls and books look better than a shield on chaplains.

In other chapters the black colour helps to distinguish chaplains from the other marines, and I dont want to be the chaplain just a Templar with a skull helmet, but someone who is really deep in his dedication to the emperor.

I am no big fan of chains for Templars either, mostly because I began playing Templars before chains became en voguge for them and nearly all of my models miss them.

Drilling

the bolters and sealing up some seams (the hood and the front tire)

couldn't hurt either.  A few mold lines are still hiding around the

model too, like on the tip of the throttle.

Sure, sure that is not the to be painted state, didnt had time for more yet. Want to get some input because of the helmet first.

• 2 weeks later...

So I need your help:

I am not quite happy with the large standard typhoonslaunchers and I want to attache them with magnets, so I can make Tornados or basic landspeeders too.

Which way of attaching do you like best:

gallery_11456_6040_229028.jpg

Underslung for my vote as well, mostly for the ease of swapping with other weapons; plus the point that there is no way the 'wings' are beefy enough to hold something the weight of a launcher. And side mounts only look good if melded into the hull. like the Tempest is.

My concern with the underslung is what it looks like in profile. It could look off balance and weird if it's too far forward, but if it's too far back it won't be visible from a forward view...

I think it may actually look better mounted on the canopy strut, just in front of the intake vent (as opposed to sitting on top of the vent like in the example pic).

I'm not sure about the clearance, but if it could be attached to the underside of the top foil/fin/spoiler thing it may look cool, though it may be so low that it would be shooting right into the vent in front of it....

Dunno for sure, just some food for thought.

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for the thoughts.

I could not make progress for the last months because I had got an work project that ate all my free time (and 40k plans).

But however I am finished with it an have finally time to do something other than work.

So here are a couple of other miniatures that are finally seeing some work on them:

Land Speeder:

Funny that I come to the end of my 9 Typhoon project shortly before they come obselete for my Templars.

However they got magnets and its always nice to have 9 Land Speeders in reserve.

I didnt paid more than 10€ for any of them and all of them needed a lot of work. Most were broke, I needed to replace 5 antennas and 5 pilots and a lot of Grav Equipment. Not to mention the ugly helmetless heads. Still not sure what to do with the Landspeeder in the middle in the second row and his missing top frame.

Typhoon launchers ready, assualt cannons and Flamers next.

med_gallery_11456_6040_572672.jpg

Techmarines:

Chief-Techmarine Tubalkain on (Jet/Hoover) Bike.

med_gallery_11456_6040_1051692.jpg

Tankhunter Techmarine Eisenbrecht

Shouldnt made the shot from above, looks a bit strange this way. His Servoarm is attached by a magnet.

med_gallery_11456_6040_1329389.jpg

Chaplain Dreadnought Tannenberg
I like the Forgeworld one, however I did not like that all Chaplain Dreads look the same, so here you go. I thought double flamers were themost fitting weapons and what you cant see well is that his DreadCCW is a large Cruzium Arcanum.

med_gallery_11456_6040_1162289.jpg
And finally some recyled Assualt Marines.
med_gallery_11456_6040_276704.jpg

• 2 months later...

So I am about to swap my job, which means I can now take the whole holidays I did nottake the last 1,5 years.

I began to sort my projects (finally) and finally build and painted something again.

First my Land Speeders, still along way to go to 9 Land Speeders with magnectic weapons, however I thought I share this:

Bought nearly all of my speeder for about 10$ each. Some of them were in a very bad condition.

One was not so bad, and even primed black. So after a couple of repairs and swapping the ugly Landspeeder Marine heads with helmets I want to paint it. But I thought the Wing really look like to much paint:

med_gallery_11456_6040_353644.jpg

my wife just discarded a bottle of nail polish remover, so I wanted to try that out:

Hm, looks like it was black primer OVER Boltgun:

med_gallery_11456_6040_81400.jpg

some minutes later Boltgun was removed, however it seems the Land Speeder was already used by Blood Angels:

med_gallery_11456_6040_587443.jpg

Notice the perfecly intact decal. :P

so a lot of rubbing later I found the real Primer (white) and the wing itself:

med_gallery_11456_6040_125854.jpg

So I guess I unlocked the Achivement: Rainbow Warrior - Remove 4 different layers of paint from a single modell.

So my progress was a bit slowed down by it:

med_gallery_11456_6040_169171.jpg

And still have a ,,bit" to do:

med_gallery_11456_6040_380947.jpg

Archived