Ork hunters?

Hi there IG players, I remember reading somewhere that the catchan jungle fighters had a company? Or platoon? Dedicated to hunting orks? If so would anyone who's knows anything ok this feed me info or point me in the direction I can read up more as I was thinking of adding a IG allied part to my crimson fists but I wanted to remain loyal to whole 'ork hunters' look and theme

Cheers for any help guys

According to this article they originally came from somewhere else and their ranks were later bolstered by Catachans. They made their first appearence in the chapter approved article that also featured Chem-Dogs of Savlar and Elysian Drop Troops the first time if i remember correctly. That also seems to be the main source of their fluff. I just flicked through my Codex:Armageddon and Catachan and the only mention I could find was by name in C:Armageddon, where they were listed to have have been 5 regiments strong.

So if you can get your hands on the WD article you'll probably find out everything about them there is to know.

Ah thank you very much fella, didn't think to look on lexi, great fluff an. Them pictures of them look brutal, looks like a few conversions are popping up in my head already.

Thanks again and I think I have that WD somewhere.

Another force from armageddon. Penal legioneers drugged to be willing to fight/stay in the fight. Also notorious looters/booby trappers. Chem Dogs. The fluff blurb involved a couple pretending to be traitors & selling basilisks to the orks, then when the ork mek showed off his new purchases to the warboss, detnating the explosives hidden aboard, killing 300 orks, including the warboss.

Archived