Blood Angels Captain

J_C_A_

Hi all. I'm new to the forums and I'm not quite sure how or why I haven't joined before.

I've been working on a ton of Blood Angels for a friend and commission client and I'd like to show off my most recent work here. I also tried making some 360 degree rotating .gifs for the first time yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/NJjAwEU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/05AJcR4.gif -- Rotating gif

Enjoy!

A great first post. Welcome to the BnC.

Very cool. The gif is a wonky but neat touch tongue.png

I don't know if it was deliberate, but the feathers' brush strokes all go out towards the tip, and it makes for a very cool texture thumbsup.gif

The highlights and black lines are superbly sharp and crisp. The one thing that bothers me is the power sword. It seems sadly muted, which I imagine you were going for, but a bright blade would have complimented the model better I think.

Thanks for the comments. 

@Firepower: Yeah, it's a bit wonky, hah. I couldn't quite get the center of the rotation down (without driving myself crazy) and it was difficult getting a consistent speed of rotation. It was my first try though. I'm thinking of working with a friend to set up a stepper motor with a disk to have this thing automated (hell yiss). Regarding the power sword -- yeah, originally it was even more muted and I came to the crossroads of deciding "more or less", and I only added a little more. If I did the sword again I'd do it very differently even though I really like this one.

@Anaziel: Thanks. I like the idea of making him really red, but you are probably right about some variation in the shoulderpads. I'm not sure how the Codex Astartes covers Captains as far as shoulder trims go. Would it be a black insert, or ?? It seems like black inserts are for Sergeants only, but there is a lot of inconsistency in general.

As far as I know, codex wise captains have the same helmet colour as the first company because they are veterans, but I think blood angels is an excepcion, not sure. But Remeber that captains have their own heraldry and very detailed armour so I suppose you can do what you want.

And yes, black insert is for sergeants. But Im refering to the right shoulder pad, with the blood drop. Its a bit sad that everything except the scroll is red and maybe painting the insert or the drop in another colour would make it stand out better.

Archived