dredknight/ Knight titan conversion guide?

Alright, I know there is already a reference thread for this, but I don't really need a reference as much as I do need clear cut instructions on how to convert a dread knight into a knight titan.

Is there any easy, simly ways to do this? I'm really excited at the prospect of making a dread knight for an allied attachment or even a full army.

The dreadknight kit itself is pretty much there, except for the baby walker. Even the weaponry the dreadknight comes with could pretty easily be used. It's not totally Epic-canon (the CC weapon should be a giant chainsword or a lance, really, but those might be hard to convert), but it's close.

So really all you need to do is replace the babywalker with a head. The sentinel cockpit is one of the cheaper options, and with the enclosed one looks quite like a persons head so works well? Or you could try scratch-building one, but that won't be easy. I think a paint pot might make a good base for it though if you want to go that route.

Step-by-step instructions:

• Assemble the dreadknight, following instructions in the kit. Don't add the babywalker or any bits of the terminator.
  • Assembled the sentinel cockpit, following instructions in the kit. Don't add the engine or legs or big side gun (possibly put the spotlight on the side instead?)
  • Stick the head on the front of the dreadknight. You might need a bit of filing down / filling bits with greenstuff to make the two meet nicely, the dreadknight front is shaped for the babywalker. But it's not too hard.

Optional extra steps:

• Change the weaponry. This will be harder, but not impossible. Maybe extend the hammer's rear and add a pointy end instead of the hammer end, making a lance? Or stick on a different gun?
  • Get rid of the greyknight lettering. Lots of the armour plates have random words on. You could fill these in with putty, or leave off the plates for a more mechanical feel. I replaced the standard plates with square ones, made from plastruct.
  • Add bling. Maybe make it medieval with bretonnian stuff (banners, shields, etc), or more technological, or more skulls, or purity seals... Up to you.

http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/volsinii-imperator-of-knight-household.html is an unpainted model, so you can see the basics of what he's done. He's scratchbuilt a head, filled in the lettering, and changed the weapons. But you don't have to do that if you want it easier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47446154@N08/6800397364/ was my original attempt, again an unpainted pic. I didn't add the dreadknight's big extra arm support, and modified the shoulders, so it's a slightly harder conversion that it needs to be. And I used plastruct not the proper plates. But the basis is just dreadknight & sentinal.

I don't think the words will be a problem. They could be the benedictions or something.

As for the cockpit... I thing I don't need to add a head, actually. From the 360 pic, it looks like I can close off the "baby walker" part. not put the dude in, cover up the open areas with plasic card, and I think that would look good.

as for the swords and weapons, I think that the giant power sword is a bit more mechy. I don't think I have the parts for a full blown lance, either. and since it will be part of my DA, I can say they work along side them and add DA bling to it.

Towards the end of this very (very very) picture-heavy thread, the artist heavily converts a dreadknight in a way you might want to study. In particular, he builds a giant chainsword up out of plasticard and bits.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/234118-sisters-of-silence-custodes-mechanicum/?hl=emperor