Need help with a glaze.

So I am trying to find a good purple glaze to use on some silver armor, the end result I am looking for it for the silver to look similar to Chris Borer's Fulgrim conversion(I am in love with that color) Any help would be awesome and if I am in the wrong section to be asking this question please feel free to let me know.

I would recommend using purple ink in thin layers, such as Vallejo's purple game ink. That ink's pigment is very rich looking, and will probably suit the look you want. Just don't overdo it, as it is very thick. If necessary, thin it down, either with thinner medium, or with a tad bit of water.

• 3 weeks later...

To to this link it talks about additives and how to make your own glazes

http://handcannononline.com/blog/2011/05/11/tutorial-basics-this-plus-that-equals-additives-and-their-uses/

This is the recipe they have to make a glaze I usually use VGC inks to make my finishing glazes instead of paint if you only have gw paints you can mix the blue and red one to get the color purple you want just rember ur ratios if u plan on using it again.

For glazing I use a 4:1 water to paint ratio, and then a 2:1 paint wash to matte medium ratio for most glazing applications.

Archived