Faith Points & Re-Rolling - Quick question.

Good Morning everyone, 

I have a quick question regarding the faith points and I cannot find the answer in the WD codex.  If you roll i.e 5 faith points at the start of the turn and you elect to use one on a squad which subsequently fails (ignore sig imp) - can you chose to use another remaining faith point on the same squad and so on until either it passes or you run out of points ??

I have found that rolling 4-6 faith points, pretty much guarantees at least 3 squads achieving their act of faith (unless very unlukcy dice rolls).

Also, do we roll for exorcist shots in the shooting phase or can we roll for it at the start of the turn, as this may impact the movement of the tank.

Thanks in advance,

Good Morning everyone, 

I have a quick question regarding the faith points and I cannot find the answer in the WD codex.  If you roll i.e 5 faith points at the start of the turn and you elect to use one on a squad which subsequently fails (ignore sig imp) - can you chose to use another remaining faith point on the same squad and so on until either it passes or you run out of points ??

I have found that rolling 4-6 faith points, pretty much guarantees at least 3 squads achieving their act of faith (unless very unlukcy dice rolls).

Also, do we roll for exorcist shots in the shooting phase or can we roll for it at the start of the turn, as this may impact the movement of the tank.

Thanks in advance,

FAQ says a unit can't attempt the same AoF more than once per turn. So no re-rolling.

And for the exo: You roll the shots after declaring it shoots and what it shoots at, so just before rolling to hit.

EDIT: Typos

Just for clarity, Nawlean Saints, the FAQ Hanska quoted specifically applies to the scenario that you describe - trying multiple times to trigger an Act of Faith for the same squad in the same phase. It doesn't mean that your Battle Sisters Squads can't use Light of the Emperor in every phase, as per their Codex entry, despite its wording.

Light can only be used in the Movement and Shooting phases. >>

WD380, p98: "This Act of Faith can be used in the Movement Phase, the Shooting Phase or the Assault Phase..."

Edit: That use actually helped me clear an objective in my last game - and your suggestions for my army list really helped me bring the Emperor's Light to wayward Astartes, Miko :)

Huh. What on earth do you use it for in the Assault Phase? It only affects shooting and morale, and the morale effect is done in the movement phase and lasts the whole turn...

Huh. What on earth do you use it for in the Assault Phase? It only affects shooting and morale, and the morale effect is done in the movement phase and lasts the whole turn...

Rerolls To-Hits of 1, just like in the Shooting Phase.

Rerolls To-Hits of 1, just like in the Shooting Phase.

I've never ever used it there myself, because, well, I'm dead by the time I get to attack. But yup. It's there, for whatever good it does. hah.

Re:Re-rolls (lol)

You can make one attempted re-roll without spending an additional faith point for the try in 2 cases:

• Simulacrum Imperialis: 20 point upgrade one sister per squad can take (I roll mine only in retributors/dominions)
  • Seraphim: Angelic Visage special rule allows your Seraphim to re-roll failed invulnerable saves and failed act of faith tests.

Archived