Putting Sisters on the map Pt 3

So, I'm thinking of (once I'm finished moving and organising, so a month or two in the future) booking out half the hall at GWHQ for a whole day and running a 'mini campaign weekend' based around the Second Siege of the Emperor's Palace.

How many people would be interested in being part of this on the Sororitas side of things? Closer to the time, and if I can get enough Sororitas players together to mount an effective Brides of the Emperor army to defend the palace without resorting to Marines or too many Guard players I'll advertise the event on the main forum, but before that I need to know if we can get this off the ground at all.

Refresh my memory Miko, where do you live ? I doubt I could afford to fly over where ever that is.

Still, maybe I'll have some cash to spare in a month or two so I guess I could dunno, send some to help fund it or something ? I really don't know how these things work.

Oh, and just out of pure curiosity: would you limit unit choices to only the time appropriate stuff ?

I am totally down for this BUTTTTTTT I can't afford it.  I got a 7 month old kid right now. 

I am totally down for this BUTTTTTTT I can't afford it.  I got a 7 month old kid right now. 

>> sorry, lol. GWHQ is the old name for Warhammer World, Nottingham. More to come later, being summoned RL. >>

Edit: Right. That didn't last as long as expected, lol.

There are two possible ways to run the event.

One is that it would play as a tournament-style tree campaign with multiple simultaneous missions leading up to a final showdown on the large fortress table, being an Apocalypse game. Winning in the lead-up missions gives points, and the players from each side with the five highest scores go through to play in the final - five Sisters players, and five opposing force players.

The other option is to a massive Apocalypse battle on the fortress table, probably with a couple of other tables pushed together to make the field larger, with people playing separate missions and then taking their surviving forces to the Apocalypse table once they finish their secondary games. This raises the issue of who gets to start out playing Apocalypse, however.

Canonically, the opposing force would be Imperial Fists, Soul Drinkers, Black Templars and Fire Hawks supported by crusading civilians, Imperial Guard and AdMech forces. For the purposes of the campaign, we'd probably have to allow counts-as players for the Confederacy of Light and AdMech forces.

I would like to limit the game options to units that were available at the time the campaign is set, however I know that many people are overly fond of their Crusaders and Repressors, so that needs considering. 

That's why I'm floating this idea so far in advance. :) It's by no means set in stone.

i love recreation type games/campaigns, i might have to dig out some actual SoB and attend this.

im at GWHQ next weekend (6th and 7th july) for our "ultra-meet", if anyone wants to come down and grab a few games, by all means do so.. its a social event, i dont know anyone else who 'runs' sisters armies, so it would be nice to meet some

I can't say I'm able to attend for certain (depending on when etc), but I don't mind taking my Rainbow Warriors to be an "against" force msn-wink.gif

After all, some sources say they have a score to settle laugh.png

I'll see what state we're in at the bungalow and if we can cadge a lift. ^^; (for the 6th/7th)

As for the threat topic, I'm thinking probably 2k per person at the most, depending on which model I end up using - which do people prefer? The tournament, or the converging missions?

I'm not going to discuss that. I'm just going to say that it's not my job to police the hobby, just to ensure that the players behave themselves and comport to standard GW rules.

This is not necessarily going to prevent you from joining in. smile.png It's early days yet, and there's always the possibility for multiple points tiers depending on which way we go.

As far as closer to fluff goes, all we actually have is:

"The Fabricator general got angry and sent regiments of the Martian Tech-Guard to Earth to bring Vandire to justice. In response, he dissolved the High Lords and had them declared treasonous heretics. The forces of the Tech-Guard were joined by Astartes from the Imperial Fists, Fire Hawks, Soul Drinkers and Black Templars chapters." Then there's the part about Sebastian Thor's armada arriving, but the paragraphs aren't exactly the best constructed ever written.

Well, either way you'll need a solid battleplan if you want to win against a SM/IG combo, especially in Apocalypse since they get better toys. Plus you'd need to organize a few tables for xeno players so that they would have something to do (even if they don't participate in the main event you want more players that show their support to Sister players that GW can see).

Maybe someone could provide some detailed pictures of the Emperor Palace board so that people can plan what to deploy where in advance.

Xenos players playing unaffiliated games will just look like GWHQ's normal, everyday traffic.

The other armies do get better toys - I expect a Titan or six might show up - but that's one of the reasons for limiting it to 2k points per player. Besides, plenty of people have scratchbuild Sisters-flavoured apocalypse units, I'm sure, and one of the tenets to Apocalypse is that anything goes (although obviously, the organiser would have to vet homebrew rules in advance).

(although obviously, the organiser would have to vet homebrew rules in advance).

This sounds like a good excuse to get some content you could stash in an archive around here for later reference of the greater community.

Archived