question about loadout of my captain?

chandler1389

Absolutely, neither item precludes the use of another item in the other hand, though both prevent you gaining an additional attack, which really doesn't matter anyway once you've taken one or the other. The stormshield doesn't have a melee profile, so you don't have to choose to use it instead of another weapon, it's just always active.

I think the relic blade is AP3, treated as an unusual power weapon, but I'll need a loyalist player to confirm that. Though you could always just check the FAQ, your first question is already answered there.

EDIT: Yup, S6 AP3 on the Relic Blade, confirmed in FAQ.

Yep thats right my friends relic blades, S6, Ap3. And neither wepon confers an extra atack. I always take digital laser with relic blade kind of means you get the extra attack

I do think it is worth pointing out that using the rules for one of the named HQ choices generally leads to a better army.  Partiularly Vulkan or Pedro, but others such as Shrike are good choices as well.  That is because they add a significant advantage to other components of your list. 

Note (and I do believe the codex says this as well) that you can use the rules for any of the named HQs and model however you want as long as their wargear is roughly represented.  For instance with Vulkan, his cloak that gives 3++ has effectively the same rules as a storm shield, and his spear uses the same rules as a relic blade.  If you take the Captain you are currently thinking of using, with a little effort to give him a flamer of some sort, you could run him as your own chapter's version of Vulkan and get your entire army twin linked flamers and melta and master crafted thunderhammers. 

Just food for thought.

Archived