Hexblade

Argun

I promised Warriorfish some pics of this beauty my dad put together, so here they are. Still gotta paint some of it, but essentially it's done.

Obligatory round-view pics.

Superheavy 1

Superheavy 2

Superheavy 3

All the parts of the tank.

Superheavy 4

The superstructure.

Superheavy 5

Superheavy 6

What makes this all go together so nicely.

Superheavy 7

The two large magnets are where the metal flaps connect. The connections are strong enough that you can pick the tank up by the superstructure, but I'd advise against it. Even though they are strong magnets, they will fail with enough jostling around mid-air.

Superheavy 8

Superheavy 9

The front/back panel. The small (barely distingushable) circles are magnets.

Superheavy 10

Superheavy 11

Shows how the panel attatches to the superstructure. In the second pic, I kinda had to hold it up. Not sure why that side is weaker than the other.

Superheavy 12

Superheavy 13

Where the panel goes in front/back. There are supports (large in rear, small in front) that hold the panel up so it doesn't fall in while using it in battle.

Superheavy 14

Superheavy 15

Back panel needs no magnets. It just push-fits just fine.

Superheavy 16

Vulcan Mega-bolter. In it's rear is a large magnet that connects to one in the superstructure.

Superheavy 17

Just showing the other guns. Aside from magnets in the base of the gun, the barrel and tip need no magnets. Thankfully the designers were smart enough to make these connections push-fit!

Superheavy 18

Superheavy 19

Superheavy 20

Superheavy 21

Superheavy 22

Superheavy 23

These last pictures show the side panels/guns. You can make out the magnets used within the recesses of the hull. Also: not pictured, but the side heavy bolters are magnetized as well.

Superheavy 24

Superheavy 25

Superheavy 26

Superheavy 27

Superheavy 28

Superheavy 29

Superheavy 30

Superheavy 31

Superheavy 32

Superheavy 33

Superheavy 33

Well, there's the tank in a nutshell. Hopefully those attempting to undertake such a task as making a hexblade find this helpful!

Most impressive... It doesn't look like an overly difficult task, as the larger a model is generally speaking the easier it is to modify. - but it looks like it took quite a bit of time and effort!

Ok, that's decided it then. Emperor help me but when I start work on the kit I'm going to try and build it to work as every variant! Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures up Argun, they're very useful and I will be back to view them when I start work :)

Most impressive... It doesn't look like an overly difficult task, as the larger a model is generally speaking the easier it is to modify. - but it looks like it took quite a bit of time and effort!

Ok, that's decided it then. Emperor help me but when I start work on the kit I'm going to try and build it to work as every variant! Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures up Argun, they're very useful and I will be back to view them when I start work smile.png

I look forward to seeing your progress on your own superheavy WarriorFish! Oh yeah, I'd also suggest getting those engine upgrade kits from http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry The engine and fuel tank upgrade kits are way better than the stock versions.

Thanks from me too, Argun. It'll be a long time before I do get myself the kit, but these photos will be most useful.

Since they're putting the 'Sword and 'Blade in one box now it only makes sense to try to make all options doable.

Thanks from me too, Argun. It'll be a long time before I do get myself the kit, but these photos will be most useful.

Since they're putting the 'Sword and 'Blade in one box now it only makes sense to try to make all options doable.

Waitaminute... they're doing wha!? Well, that'll be a whole 'nother can of worms, seeing as how the Baneblade and the Shadowsword kit both have differing front plates,superstructures. Hopefully magnetizing the baneblade parts won't be all that hard, but I think I'll let someone else handle that.

Indeed, as expected the new Baneblade kit is a combination of all with a price increase to match. As I already have an original Baneblade box I was quick to grab the current box to save some money while I still could. Even more so when I get to work on it as a Hexblade smile.png

As you said I'm not sure how it'll work with the superstructure being quite different but I'm guessing it's probably a case of different facing plates and such? If it's the merging of more than one kit at the very basic level it'd be all the sprues from each, shared ones aside. I suppose we'll find out when the kit is released and somebody starts the first build!

Archived