Argun's Marine WIPs

Argun

A few months back, a few buddies and I got to discussing a possible Land Raider variant made by the Red Scorpions... 'Cause, ya know, they seem to have an affinity for doing so whistlingW.gif . Anyway, all that talk made me get a kit to modify, and through a month of fiddling with bits, came up with the design. I brought it to them, and we talked about fluff for it. In the end, we came up with a story of how the Red Scorpions were assaulting a Chaos-held stronghold, and had a limited time to do so. In it, somehow a Reaver Titan got disabled that was key in breaching the walls, and a Land Raider was also disabled.

Techmarines being what they are and all... decided to fuse the only-working weapon from the Reaver, salvage some void shield generators and the Land Raider, and put them all into one vehicle.

Thus was the Land Raider Jericho variant born.

And now, time for pics.

Jericho 1

Jericho 2

Jericho 3

Jericho 4

Close-up of void shield generator. One on either side.

Jericho 5

Jericho 6

Tip of the main gun comes off so one can remove the secondary weapon (ya know, for painting or weapon-destroyed results.

Jericho 7

Jericho 8

Jericho 9

And now, for everyone's favorite game: Figure out what kit that bit came from!
All these doo-dads are there to represent added coolant/ventilation for the main gun.

Jericho 10

Jericho 11

Jericho 12

Optional Multi-Melta. 360o of rotation.

Jericho 13

Jericho 14

Optional tank commander.

Jericho 15

And to show that the shield generator sponsons are magnetized.

Jericho 16

Well, here it is in it's WIP glory. Will try to post fluff later on, but here is the tank as it is so far.

Still need to figure out rules for it, but my friends and I have come up with some general guidelines.

Main gun: Melta cannon--1 shot, (large flame template?)

Secondary weapon: Twin-linked Flamestorm (with added Torrent special rule?)

Two void shields. Possible to destroy the generators with weapon-destroyed results.

A very unique idea, most mods are about changing weaponry and such. I'm not sure about the fluff on void shields though, I think they might be too large to be mounted on anything smaller than a Titan?

That aside it's quite an impressive array of bits you've put on and a very creative way of using some of the bits. Your bits box must be quite expansive to afford some of them as additions rather than models :P I look forward to seeing it painted.

I'm no expert on conjuring rules up but your proposed ones seem ok, of course it all really depends on how you price it in the end.

A cool build I like it. One thing though fluff wise I don't think the RS would part with terminator armour or any other chapter.whistlingW.gif But it does look coolthumbsup.gif

ph34r.png The terminator backs are just spare parts they had lying around... Yeah, let's go with that ph34r.png.

In reality: I had spare backs, and had that idea knocking around in my noggin a few weeks before I started building this. Thankfully the angle of the plasticard worked out perfectly for what I wanted to do!

• 2 months later...

Long time, no update... Time to fix that!

Still working on fluff for the Jericho above, but here is the guy responsible.

WIP 002

WIP 003

I present Master of the Forge Fellhammer of the Red Scorpions Chapter. (Dunno the actual guy's name, so this'll have to do!)

I've also picked up a Centurion kit, and am really liking the look of them without the giant shoulder pads.

WIP 004

And just because every Sarge just simply has to stand out...

WIP 007

C&C welcome! Hopefully I'll be able to update this a little more frequently from now on.

I like the Techmarine, he looks pretty cool. I'm not sure about the Centurions without the pauldrons though I think they need the extra bulk - that and what's a Space Marine without epic shoulder pads?

What parts did you use for the missile launchers? I want to mod the chest weaponry on to the shoulder pads when I get round to my Centurions so I'm looking for more ideas :)

Aha, cool. That's what I've heard banded about before, I'd probably cut them down to racks of 3 so they can sit atop the pads better and also go further but this is all theoretical at the moment. I won't be getting any Centurions for quite some time yet, so I've lots of opportunity for accumulating people's conversion projects for ideas :)

• 4 months later...

Been too long with an update here, but I feel that it is an important one.

Recently, I've been inspired to recreate my Marines into another chapter. That inspiration came from my copy of DnD 3.5, and have already repainted 5 Marines, as well as one Centurion, Chaplain, and one (truescale) Apothecary. Unfortunately, I'm not terribly good with the fluff side of things (The Jericho above is still being worked on pinch.gif), and would like any assistance our venerated brothers of the B&C. I'm planning on (fluffwise) having most classes from DnD represented in the chapter, and have thought up some basic starting points:

Name: Dungeon Masters

Unknown founding, unknown parent-chapter.

Not terribly Codex-compliant. Chaplains/Librarians are in colors of Chapter, not the usual black/blue respectively that the Codex requires. Techmarines are encouraged to innovate weapons/vehicles, and as such have come up with several new designs on the Rhino chassis. (Thinking of redoing the Jericho, have it be part of this chapter, as it'd make more sense than the RS doing so... thoughts?)

Organized into 5 total companies, of 200 Marines each. Companies are referred to as Editions, squads are called 'Adventuring Parties.' Chapter Master, Captains, MoTF, Techmarines, Chaplains, and Librarians have different names. (Would greatly appreciate help here brothers)

Recently, the 5th, most of the 4th, and half of the 3rd Editions were wiped out by a Greater Daemon called the Tarrasque, and are rebuilding.

Colors include: Dark grey for armor, light blue for trim/helm. Gold is reserved for Sergeants and above, normal troops get silver instead (Especially for aquilas).

For reference, here's the repainted sarge I did:

Dungeon Sergant 001

(Please excuse the eyes... painted him about... 3? years ago in my RS colors. still some work to be done)
So, fellow brothers of the Bolter and Chainsword, would you be willing to help one such as I flesh out a new chapter?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

That's the strangest theme for a chapter I've ever heard of, and I've been in the hobby a long time! :lol: It sounds like you need someone well versed in D&D to answer these questions, so maybe the B&C isn't the best place to ask as I doubt there's too many that partake in dungeon crawling, at least the pen and paper kind.

Archived