Blood Angels count as Deathwing

BloodTzar

I know it might seems like I am leaving the sinking ship, but recently I have bought few sets of the vengence termies.

I would like to make some use of them as well as the left oer termies I have from AoBR and Space Hulk (unconverted ones).

Therefore I would like to ask how would you do this, would you leave insignias of DA ? Would you just paint them differently ? Should there be any fluf reason for DA to join BA ( not as allies but the accual chapter) ? ( i sux from fluff )

Thanks for help

~BT

It really doesnt take very much to do this - snip off the bunny ears, shave off the swords on bolters, take off some of the feather fetishes (like the one on the assault cannon), a little bit of careful cutting and greenstuff can turn the deathwing sword on the shoulderpad into a blood drop and then you're sorted (note - you can shave off the symbol if you want, but then you need to paint the BA one on anyway)... I may have some pictures somewhere of mine...

Nothing wrong with using DW rules for the first company. That's what they're there for.

Id use BA main dex, then ally in Belial and 2 units of Temries from the DA dex (assuming Belial makes allied termies troops also).

Im a huge fan of counts as stuff. 

Just think about whether youre playing BA as DA or DA as BA.  

I'll often use SM or DA rules with my BA models - and have them as counts as BA units.  

My suggestion is if you love the BA, then keep to the BA, and shave all the DA stuff off, and just make sure the models you're using from  a diff codex are clearly different from the others! :D 

Archived