As I have been currently over hauling my Ultramarines I thought it was time to start a thread showing them as they make the transition to a table top ready army. Most units are near completion but as a force they have been a great WIP as I set out with one aim, make them look different from them marine they are stood next to but unified at the same time.

so without any more delay here is the first of many pics to come

Ultramarine Chaplain

this is Chaplain Oenomaus secondary HQ choice of my strike force, built using slight conversion work as I like elements of each GW chaplain model but never the whole so I made my own smile.png

Ultramarine Chaplain

and here is a few of the right side as yet again there was some additional details added to give a more chaplain feel to the model.

As you can see some additional highlights and the basing needs done but other than that not far from completed.

well that's the first unit more coming soon HQ.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Here's the pic's of Tactical Squad 1, all need some shading and highlighting but I have been doing free hand insignia on them as I don't like the transfers and wanted them done before highlights as I would no doubt be touching up minutes later.

First five including Sgt:

Tac1.1

Second five with the rank and file:

Tac1.2

Although not part of my existing strike force this model held its place until venerable dreadnaughts got HP and lost out in 6th, this is Venerable Dreadnaught Brother Tiberius:

Ven Dread

And here is a close up on the banner, needs more work but i'm happy to keep it this way while I work on other things that are in my current list:

Ven Dread Banner

As always any feed back is welcome

Every now and then to take a break from painting the sea of models that stands before me (roughly 6k of Ultramarines all told) I raid the bitz box and build something different that I haven't bought and haven't included in a list somewhere, which if the plan works instantly makes me want to paint that and in turn renewing my painting drive in general here is one of those creation, Techmarine ....... any suggestions welcome:

Techmarine

Techmarine Right

Techmarine Back

Techmarine Left

Techmarine Angled

As usual any feed back welcome

Archived