Emperor's Children CSM - WIP

Dante72

Hey All,

Just wanted to upload a quick photo of an Emperor's Children Chaos Space Marine I started today. This is the second mini that I ever painted so, any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure, but I think I may have put the pink on a little too thick - obscured details on the face...

Instead of going out and getting a pot or two of GW pinks I had to try and mix my own. maybe that's the problem? Or maybe there is no problem and I should just finish it and see what happens.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by smile.png

I like the pink, very bright. Also I like the coloring on the horns, very nice.

Lots of people use paints other than Citadels. You may just be going about and putting a little to much on, you could always add some water and thin it out if needed.

I typically try new color mixtures on older models or models that I don't use. It helps with the regret or did I just muck that up factor.

I'm glad you like it. The horns I especially like. I tried experimenting with different layers of washes.

The pink I agree, is a little to thick. I did add water, but probably not enough. As this is my second model, I'm still trying to get a feel as to the right consultancy of paints.

So far, I got just the small 3 pack of CSM's to play around with. Once I'm happy with the results, then I'll move on to the 10 tactical squad

The pink I agree, is a little to thick. I did add water, but probably not enough. As this is my second model, I'm still trying to get a feel as to the right consultancy of paints.

So far, I got just the small 3 pack of CSM's to play around with. Once I'm happy with the results, then I'll move on to the 10 tactical squad

GW/Citadel Have something called a Medium, this is wash with out the color pigment, you add a drop to this to the mix it will thin it down a fair bit.   

The Pink is very vibrant, looks nice.

Thats a good way to start painting and getting a feel for the hobby.  looks good for a second attempt.  Can we see a First?

I agree - good job on the pink. The main benefit of GW/Citadel paints is that they make a very extensive range so you can achieve consistent colors without doing a lot of mixing.

You might try applying a darker wash in the recesses of the helmet to bring out the details more. Purple could work pretty well or red

Tkanks guys. I have a purple wash and iwas planning on doing the helmet and the edges of the shoulder pads with it.

My first ever mini was an Ultramarine and you can find him here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/277530-my-very-first-warrior-or-the-13th-legion/?p=3406342&do=findComment&comment=3406342

Thanks again for the kind words :)

Just a short update. I highlighted the mask with a red wash and put the first layer for the eyes (going with a sky blue). Most of the metal parts have a second layer of silver. I still have to do the highlights on the black armor and of course, the gun and backpack.

I noticed this when I was painting mine, Secret Weapon miniatures makes a Cotton Candy Pink Wash it makes it a little more vibrant like your pink also if you use the dull citadel stuff. I really like your pink though nicely done.

Archived