Still looking for Advice on IG

@WarriorFish: Makes sense. Still, you could give the unit inside the transport a flamer instead, since they can fire Overwatch from inside if their vehicle is assaulted.

And I was afraid of that. Seriously, GW couldn't even be bothered to put the thing up as a PDF on their site like with the old one? Or even to sell it digitally like they're already doing  with many other codices already available in physical format? *facepalm*

@librisrouge: I like that way of thinking. And I can also imagine that every so often an opponent's consternation only deepens when the mission rolled is Big Guns Never Tire.

I may play around with the Russ variants and weapons issued, but I think I'll mimic your list there to start off with. Just on a smaller scale. I especially like the dakka-Exterminator

@Argun: I've heard good things about the Paskquisher combo. In fact, generally Pask makes most of the bad Russ variants usable for a premium from what I've heard.

I like that word... Paskquisher. Sounds like he squishes things.

Hmm... Paskisher? Nah... doesn't have the same ring to it.

PuniPask? maybe... maybe. I have yet to meet heretic that can outsmart bullet.

One thing I'd see there, is that Pask would be better suited IMO on the Vanquisher. His special ability when he stays still (+1 to armor penetration, re-rolls to wound on MC) works well there. (Then again, I usually run him in a Punisher teehee.gif BS4, heavy 20, wiped off many a foolhardy drop pod squad in my local leagues)

I consider that all the time but never go for it because of two words "Co-Axil." The FW Vanquisher can take Co-Axil weapons which often make the main gun Twin-Linked, which is better than BS4. Plus, the +1 Armor Penetration is kinda wasted on the already hard hitting Vanquisher Cannon.

Now Pask on the Exterminator is a thing of beauty. Beyond the obvious dakka benefit, like with the Punisher, the +1 AP makes the main gun the same as a GK Psyfleman Dread, plus the heavy bolters can now peg AV12. Rhinos just crumble under it.

The reason to put Pask in a Vanquisher is because we're IG. We don't know the meaning of the word "overkill".

On a more serious note, I don't think FW variants are an option for me, so I likely won't be fielding any Vanquishers. The codex version just doesn't justify the cost. It'd be nice if they fix that in the 6th ed 'dex. Unfortunately, the rumblings I've been hearing about C:SM don't make me confident.

Archived