Celestial Lions

Sun Reaver

With the new SM codex coming out and the fact that playing with the BA codex is a struggle, I have finally decided to jump on the vanilla train! I love the CL fluff and armor scheme and have always wanted to create a force. 

I am looking for as much fluff as I can get on this chapter. I understand that they had a fallout with an Inquisitor who bombed a planet they had liberated. As a result, they protested against the Inquisition and bad things started happening to them. On Armageddon, they were fed bad intel and their chapter suffered horrendous losses, including the extinction of their apothecaries to imperial sniper fire. Then the chapter vowed to keep fighting in order to honor their fallen.  

I know they are featured in a new novel that has just come out, but I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet. I don't mind the spoilers though, so please do tell what happens! 

That's about all I know, is there any other info on them? Like what are their squads called, notable figures, tactics, etc. Anything would be appreciated guys!

Edited by Brother Tyler
Tags edited

There are only 9 left by the end of the 41st Millennia. Helbrecht gave them a relic suit of VII Legion armor and a strike cruiser and sent them home with some Templars to help train the next generation. 

I am assuming none of those 7 where Librarians!

There are only 9 left by the end of the 41st Millennia. Helbrecht gave them a relic suit of VII Legion armor and a strike cruiser and sent them home with some Templars to help train the next generation. 

This is stated in Blood and Fire? Are their any other details? Like a chapter master or something? 

I am assuming none of those 7 where Librarians!

LOL :laugh.:

You'd best get ADB's Armageddon hardback (Helsreach+Blood and Fire, the latter being about the CLs).

Yeah I plan on it. I am currently reading Helsreach right now. Do the Lions play a big role in Blood and Fire?

In terms of some general items about their new fluff - they're Dorn successors, they're heavily themed with tribal african refrences and names. They respect and hold "the hunt" mentality sacred, applying many of the same tribal principals into their combat and desicion heirarchy. 

They are a chapter of story-tellers and saga singers - where rank holds no boundary in the passing of these. Their chaplains are titled Deathspeakers, their Captains are called Warleaders, their Librarians are Spiritwalkers, their Sgt.'s are Pride Leaders and their Squads are called Prides. 

The Lexicanum article is updated with the new info and character names. B&F is a great read though, definitely worthy of picking up. 

Just checked Lexicanum, good info there, thanks. And I am reading Helsreach right now and I am loving it! 

In terms of some general items about their new fluff - they're Dorn successors, they're heavily themed with tribal african refrences and names. They respect and hold "the hunt" mentality sacred, applying many of the same tribal principals into their combat and desicion heirarchy. 

They are a chapter of story-tellers and saga singers - where rank holds no boundary in the passing of these. Their chaplains are titled Deathspeakers, their Captains are called Warleaders, their Librarians are Spiritwalkers, their Sgt.'s are Pride Leaders and their Squads are called Prides. 

Thanks for this info, some of this wasn't mentioned on the Lexicanum. 

Is the hunt mentality similar to that of the White Scars? Or is it just a reference to lions stalking there prey? 

They seem like a mix of White Scars and Space Wolves or at least share similar themes with both. I am a big fan of the different titles for each position. Are there any details of there home world? 

Thanks guys! 

• 8 months later...

Hi, my wife is currently building a CL force, to ally with my Templars, to help her I gathered the following Celestial Lion details together...

Gold thunderhawks

Pride leaders have black helms

Home planet Elysium IX

Blood and fire quotes 96 lions still drawing breath at the beginning of the book

Pride leader - squad sergeant

Spiritwalker - librarian

Deathspeaker - chaplain

Warleader - captain

Lifebinder - apothecary

Their blue paint is called cerulean

New Chapter master Ekene Dubaku at the end of the story he is armoured in an ancient Imperial Fists champion gold war-plate artificer armour with a sword brethren (red on black) cloak

On his hip bound by black chain, hangs the flayed, polished skull of the ork warlord with the names of Ekene, grimaldus and Cyneric.

Yeah very soon, just need to move photos Fromm brothers camera to my laptop, we played 9,290points/side Easter megabattle yesterday including 1314 points of Lions, a whole day of marine mayhem, but we took a beating and learned some lessons (that won't be forgotten) and will be putting the record straight on the next occasion :-)

As promised...here are parade ground photos of Katie's 1314 points of CL, she still has several sprures to build and we are saving for a forge world HQ for her (currently she goes into battle lead by a Templar 'counts as' Captain, adds to the storyline :thumbsup: ), we are also looking to build a couple of special lionesque conversions - something similar to my 'Elijah' with 'pouncing cat like landing gear and feline shaped tail section' and possibly?!? a 'thundertank' styled LRC!

IMG 0868 (1280x960)

IMG 0858 (1280x960)

IMG 0859 (1280x960)

IMG 0860 (1280x960)

IMG 0861 (1280x960)

IMG 0869 (1280x960)

IMG 0862 (1280x960)

IMG 0863 (1280x960)

IMG 0864 (1280x960)

IMG 0865 (1280x960)

IMG 0866 (1280x960)

IMG 0867 (1280x960)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the ETL III has taken a hold of our household, even with those who are not registered members on the B&C have caught the bug, Here is my wife's unofficial 1st vow, Space marine captain for her Celestial Lions (oh and she's beaten me to completing the vow first)...Templar humbled!

IMG 0892

IMG 0899

IMG 0900

IMG 0901

IMG 0905

IMG 0906

IMG 0907

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...