• 2 weeks later...

Next up for your consideration is my DIY chapter's chapter master Commander ?, of the White Scorpions. Also at the end you will see the lads stood around the piece of scenery I hope to create an Aliens style diorama. Much Love x

SAM 1116 (1024x709)

SAM 1117 (1024x769)

SAM 1118 (1024x745)

SAM 1119 (1024x920)

SAM 1120 (1024x768)

SAM 1121 (1024x381)

SAM 1122 (1024x546)

SAM 1123 (1024x693)

SAM 1124 (1024x554)

I love that orange so much! As for the terminator, I don't really get Chapter Master from that model. It's good bling, but in my opinion he needs something a little more. I don't know how you feel about helmet less, but it does help bring out the character (a la your Flesh Tearer). Also, maybe there's a good reason for list building, but some special relic-looking weapons could help. The relic sword there isn't really enough for me, personally, as it's more termie-scaled already. It only looks big on a PA dude. 

Besides that, it's a brilliant model... For a Captain. 

Cheers Jeff for the feedback. He is the Forge World Commander Cullin Red Scorpion model, and it did come with a head but it was a bit meh. Also everyone else's leaders are helmetless and so I like to be different. I don't play 30 or 40 K so I had no idea it was a relic sword, it was just the biggest sword in my bitz box as the original seems a little small. I don't own any other terminator minis and so have very few relevant bits I could add, and sculpting green stuff is too hard for my limited sculpting skills.

Having said all that I agree he is more of a Captain than a chapter master. Jeff, you have just demoted my first attempt at a chapter master to a line captain, whose company now has a big bone to pick with your Eagle Eyes boys!

Much love x 

Cheers Jeff for the feedback. He is the Forge World Commander Cullin Red Scorpion model, and it did come with a head but it was a bit meh. Also everyone else's leaders are helmetless and so I like to be different. I don't play 30 or 40 K so I had no idea it was a relic sword, it was just the biggest sword in my bitz box as the original seems a little small. I don't own any other terminator minis and so have very few relevant bits I could add, and sculpting green stuff is too hard for my limited sculpting skills.

Having said all that I agree he is more of a Captain than a chapter master. Jeff, you have just demoted my first attempt at a chapter master to a line captain, whose company now has a big bone to pick with your Eagle Eyes boys!

Much love x 

A little friendly rivalry, eh? Maybe we could run some training programs on a snowy battlefield so it looks like the Irish flag after deployment.

More of a never explained bit of fluff that after his 3rd company served with some of your lot, fighting whoever wherever, we unexpectedly broke off from joint operations and departed the warzone and no-one in the company has ever said why. Ever since our chapters have had extremely frosty relations and won't serve with each other etc

I'm down for that. Maybe he got wind of too many hints that we're not always doing what we're supposed to. Say we're fighting Necrons and instead of destroying a formation with bombardment from orbit, Captain Temoc insisted on a ground mission that happened to involve your (risking them unnecessarily in your opinion?). To add insult to injury, you receive reports from your men of some Eagle Eye troops recovering 'crontech instead of spiking and trashing it. When confronted, Temoc denies everything and relations turn even colder than usual. 

@Jeff: As with all fluff, the more ambiguous the better!

Tyranids have been ordered for my Scythes of the Emperor diorama so that will get some love soon, and I nearly have Shrike finished along with another Raven Guard trooper and a Carrion Lord.

Starting a tread like this has been absolutely amazing for the amount of stuff I am actually getting finished, I totally recommend it.

Much love x

The bases are unpainted as I don't know yet exactly what the building's floor will look like, except to say that it will be a metal grill type of affair like the colony in Aliens. I wanted to keep them on bases so that I could move them around to try and re-create different scenes. If you look back through this thread the guy with the auspex is modelled on Hudson just before the final battle when the Aliens are closing in.

Stay frosty people, much love x

I took a few more pics, this time in natural light.

Mods - I have included 2 pics of the tyranid alien, if this is illegal please remove them or let me know but as he is part of the scene I wanted to show some of the details on him.

Oh and all my White Scorpions will be named after species of scorpion (original I know) hence Captain Hactas.

I love the mash up off tyranid and alien, I didn't want to create an exact replica of an alien as this is 40k but I did want people to instantly recognise his genesis. It creates some great questions as well, is this LV 426 in 40k, have the tyranids found the black liquid of the engineers etc etc.

Anyway less waffle more pancake, much love x

SAM 1130 (1024x482)

SAM 1132 (1024x788)

SAM 1134 (1024x588)

SAM 1135 (1024x766)

SAM 1136 (1024x768)

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update of another piece for my White Scorpions vs Hive Fleet Acheron. And I am very close to finishing my Scythes diorama which I am super pleased with. Much love

SAM 1154 (883x1024)

SAM 1155 (1024x1024)

SAM 1156 (1024x757)

SAM 1157 (1024x875)

SAM 1158 (1024x768)

SAM 1159 (967x1024)

• 3 weeks later...

Change of tack on this bloke. I was re-reading 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr (greatest book written ever) and the following passage got the old creative juices flowing.

I knew one 4th Division Lurp (Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol) who took his pills by the fistful, downers from the left pocket of his tiger suit and uppers from the right, one to cut the trail for him and the other to send him down it. He told me that they cooled things out just right for him, that he could see that old jungle at night light he was looking at it through a starlight scope.

This was his third tour. In 1965 he'd been the only survivor in a platoon of the Cav wiped out going into the Ia Drang Valley. In '66 he'd come back with the Special Forces and one morning after an ambush he'd hidden under the bodies of his team while the VC walked all around them with knives, making sure. After that there was nothing left for him in the war except the Lurps.

He wore a gold earring and a headband torn from a piece of camouflage parachute material, and since nobody was about to tell him to get his hair cut it fell below his shoulders, covering a thick purple scar. His face was all painted up for night walking now. In the coming hours he'd stand as faceless and quiet in the jungle as a fallewn tree and God help his opposite numbers.

So I set about creating a marine based on this description. I settled on a pose that I hope looks like he has just stepped out from behind a tree to punch someone's head in. I gave him 2 power fists as they are both stealth weapons and look kind of psychotic together. As I wanted to paint him in camo I decided to maje him another Dark Eagle. Much love xx

SAM 1193 (794x1024)

SAM 1194 (649x1024)

SAM 1195 (793x1024)

SAM 1196 (649x1024)

SAM 1197 (743x1024)

I was mooching through the Lexicanum looking for an interesting chapter colour scheme to have a dabble at and I found these guys, the Storm Lords, a White Scars second founding chapter. Let me know what you think. Much love x

SAM 1198 (717x1024)

SAM 1199 (800x1024)

SAM 1200 (720x1024)

SAM 1201 (702x1024)

SAM 1202 (714x1024)

SAM 1203 (737x1024)

In the same way that I looked at my Flesh Tearers and thought there was something lacking, I did the same with my Raven Guard and realised that due to using vanguard vet models and forgeworld upgrade kits they were all really 'blingy'. So I have decided to do a 5 man tac squad where every addition to the armour is there for a reason.

So this guy is brand new to the battle company, hence only 1 oath of moment, no special equipment etc. I also used the newer GW mk 6 armour over the older looking rogue traderish stuff FW do. As the only chapter to have a type of armour named after their primarch, everyone wears mk 6 except for a few suits of mk 4 in recognition of Isstvaan.

SAM 1216 (710x1024)

SAM 1213 (807x1024)

SAM 1212 (717x1024)

SAM 1211 (1024x959)

His sergeant on the other hand has mk 4 armour, combi weapon with chapter markings, chapter badge on the back pack. I have tried to give him the look of a career nco, brilliant at fighting and knocking new guys into shape, but without the diplomacy or bigger tactical understanding of a captain.

SAM 1204 (1024x982)

SAM 1205 (911x1024)

SAM 1206 (802x1024)

SAM 1207 (1024x1017)

SAM 1208 (1024x941)

SAM 1209 (1024x959)

SAM 1217 (1024x641)

Archived