How Do RW/DW Armies Deal with Flyers?

rpnightsend

If you're using a proxy, it could be the cause of the text alteration issue. From personal experience, the board software and proxies don't really like each other and take it out on the user.

Everytime I try to edit, my post turns into code and gobbledegook.

That's the site code. You need to toggle the small lightswitch button in the edit pane to get the preview format.

If you are trying to edit on an ipad (as I'm doing now) then hit the "More Reply Options" button to get the preview format.

Cheers

I

"By the way, DA's AA is poo not because they want you to buy FW, but because they want DA players to buy the Fortress of Redemption..."

If this is true then they missed out on selling me one after the FAQn'erf. I was kind of looking forward to abusing a PFG/Dakka Banner inside that beasty tongue.png

biggrin.png

s

Edit: They'll still get my money, am saving up for a unit of Hyperios Launchers...that'll teach my game group for leaving the safely of the ground tongue.png

Fortress Wing seems to be the best option as far as I can tell to really field a "competitive" list. Remember your bikers can still fire stationary gun emplacements so as hilariously awkward as it'd be for your bikers to be charging around on a Fortress of Redemption to trigger the big guns, it could still work.

And being on bikes, running around on turn 4 and 5 to try and grab any objectives that aren't nearby still works alright if you turtle up pretty hard on your first few turns.

Then again, eff being competitive. This game is horribly designed. By it's very nature, trying to turn WH40k into something competitive ends up ruining the entire experience. Just just go ahead and field a pure 2nd company list and just don't play against guys who want to flyer spam against you.

Sad when one of the best options to enjoying a game is to limit who you play against to people who are in it to have fun, but so far that's the only reason I haven't sold off my force yet.

Then again, eff being competitive. This game is horribly designed. By it's very nature, trying to turn WH40k into something competitive ends up ruining the entire experience. Just just go ahead and field a pure 2nd company list and just don't play against guys who want to flyer spam against you.

Sad when one of the best options to enjoying a game is to limit who you play against to people who are in it to have fun, but so far that's the only reason I haven't sold off my force yet.

and this is why i have acumulated a stunning total of 3 games in 6th edition so far, but considering the alternative i prefer it that way

They'll still get my money, am saving up for a unit of Hyperious Launchers...that'll teach my game group for leaving the safely of the ground tongue.png

i considered getting some of those but then opted to browse my bits box and this was the result

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010040_zpsb84fb9cf.jpg

quite cheaper than FW

or you could just convert the bases and use whirlwind turrets

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010041_zpsaebaa05b.jpg

or even just use the whirlwind as a hyperius variant, it is a whirlwind is it not?

Fortress Wing seems to be the best option as far as I can tell to really field a "competitive" list. Remember your bikers can still fire stationary gun emplacements so as hilariously awkward as it'd be for your bikers to be charging around on a Fortress of Redemption to trigger the big guns, it could still work.

And being on bikes, running around on turn 4 and 5 to try and grab any objectives that aren't nearby still works alright if you turtle up pretty hard on your first few turns.

Dude, you need to find a new gaming group if you're this upset. So far almost every post of yours I've seen has been complaining about them lol.

It's not great.... and a little lame for a 6th ed codex, but I'm not sure what else to try with these guys? What is the verdict on AA Missile Devs?

70 points for 5 bodies, +100 points for 4 AA missiles launchers + 70 points for 5 extra bodies that allow you both to combat squad and soak up some wounds = extremely expensive unit not worth it.

They will not perform vs AV12 fliers (which are the tough ones to bring down): you have a 5,5% of "penning" with each tube...so a 20% chance you get a pen...so if you play 5 turns, you should get one..

Your math and my math differ.... You have a 66% chance to hit with each and a 16.6% of penning with each so you get .42 a pens and 1.28 glances.... Unless I'm doing something wrong...

You're right of course! however, 40% chances of penning AV 12 means he gets 3 full turns before you peel of a penning (and I'm assuming youdo a glance per shooting round...).

That means turns 2 to 4 (maybe comes out later), your 170 porints are going to have a hard time getting their points back or even proving themself useful.

AA is really not worth it IME.

Shame :(

Anti-air becomes more important as the Black Legion supplement allows up to four Helldrakes I believe. Break out the Aegis defence lines and Hyperious whirlwinds to fight off some real chaos aerial threat :)

Cheers

I

Anti-air becomes more important as the Black Legion supplement allows up to four Helldrakes I believe.

Lets be honest....does going from 3 to 4 drakes really make that much of a difference?

Even 2 just cruise vs PA builds...

Sigh

Note to self, Play against Isiah, Bring Deathwing and Raiders...

Really, Terminators break the meta so bad....  Sure there is plasma and AP2 weapons but to beat Dragons, pull on your TDA, put your head down and slog on...

Some of us are severl times teenagers :P

As for TDA vs dragons... sure, 2+ is nice. But if you can't hunt them efficiently and they keep piling flamers and wounding on 2s...you gonna go down.

And then you have the rest of the opposing army, which while they might sit and bring out the popcorn...maybe they also bring the plasma cannons, plasma rifles, meltas...

IMO, Chaos is probably one of the best armies out there is the guy knows how to play it.

680 points is a sizeable percentage of a list....  Add an HQ and that is more than half a 1500 point list and they still need two troops before they can buy heavies....  I'll take my chances with the rest of his army, especially in HtH where the Drakeflamer cant target me...

and this is why i have acumulated a stunning total of 3 games in 6th edition so far, but considering the alternative i prefer it that way

>They'll still get my money, am saving up for a unit of Hyperious Launchers...that'll teach my game group for leaving the safely of the ground tongue.png

i considered getting some of those but then opted to browse my bits box and this was the result

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010040_zpsb84fb9cf.jpg

quite cheaper than FW

or you could just convert the bases and use whirlwind turrets

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010041_zpsaebaa05b.jpg

or even just use the whirlwind as a hyperius variant, it is a whirlwind is it not?

I love you.

Archived