How Do RW/DW Armies Deal with Flyers?

rpnightsend

How Do RW/DW Armies Deal with Flyers?

RW armies...die (to drakes.  For other fliers, see "how do DW armies deal with flyers").  DW armies chuckle.  That's how. 

Honestly, DW doesn't care, fliers are nonscoring and don't pack enough guns per point to scare them, so flying transports are mildly irritating, but the rest are irrelevant.  As for RW, drakes are death incarnate (so make sure they only get to shoot once, and spread out to minimize the impact of that one shot), other shooty types have to get past T5 and their saves, so again, not enough guns on them to be scary, and the transport types are less than irritating, bikes are too fast for a "drop behind enemy lines" to be effective.  I guess if you told me I had to kill a flier instead of ignoring it, I'd use assault cannons from DW or talons from RW to do the job...

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the most current links (or at least info as to which books they are all in) to the Mortis, Contemptor and Hyperios options?

I have old books with old stats and want to see what the current versions are. If they are viable I will make some conversions and also consider the viability of buying the books they are contained within.

Thanks.

It's not too bad, I've fielded mine a couple of times and the interceptor part really bugs my opponents that want to land Dread pods and kill me without remorse. I find having two Libbies with cover removal powers inside it is great to up you chances of doing anything substantial. I have done better damage with my two MkV Mortis Lascannon Dreads though, especially when you take away someone's cover/jink saves with the Libbies (they do have to get out of the LR to cast it on them...)

Stobz

I see that the Dreads have the "Helical Targeting Array" that gives them Skyfire and Interceptor if they stand still (& I definitely need to models some of those MKV's), but I can't see anything that states if the Land Raider Helios has Skyfire and Interceptor.

It says it is armed with a Whirlwind Missile Launcher, but doesn't say under either of these things that they also have Skyfire and Interceptor...?

I see the Land Raider Helios can replace its Whirlwind Missile Launcher with the Hyperios Air Defence Missile Launcher - but where are the rules for that weapon...? (

Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery on page 201 can also have the Hyperios Missile Launcher, but again it doesn't seem to state how it shoots Flyers.

I even checked the main Rulebook to see if Hyperios has its own listing in the weapons section, but couldn't see it.

I gotta be missing something somewhere sad.png

CommandPoint, you want the weapons summary on page 248. The hyperios launcher is near the top of the second column. I had the same trouble when I was trying to find the rules for hellstrike missiles and would have found them a lot sooner if the table was in alphabetical order. down.gif

• 1 year later...

Archived