13th Black Crusade, Community Project?

Guest Musketeer12

I'm still doing research.  I'm currently looking at the Iron Hands and the Battle for Medusa, but I may abandon that at the last second and go for something else.  I like to make sure I know enough about the subject matter's standing fluff before I write about it.

I've been busy with that whole real life thing, but I should have time coming up over the next few weeks to really write something. I will still probably end up writing a fairly short bit due to my writing style, but it should still come out long enough to be worthy of admission.

I've decided to completely abandon my previous research and rush headlong into something I am excited by but know little of.  My story will be written from the, err, loyalist perspective of Relictors Space Marines.  I shall tentatively title it "Black Tears."

A bit of a silly question, but it reminded me of the lyrics of their song "The Wall", and thought that maybe it wasn't a coincidence. Ah well, maybe next time msn-wink.gif

Anyway, I have begun writing my story and wouldn't mind a bit of feedback from you chaps. Be as brutal as you like, because that's (in my mind) the best kind of criticism.

A series of quiet knocks on the door snapped the young woman out of her daydreaming. Sitting up, she was surprised that she had let herself relax so much. It wasn't so much that she usually could not calm herself into a state of blissful reverie, even though that did not happen often, but more that the current situation was one of the most volatile and horrifying she had ever lived through. The recent assignments she had received were not without an overly generous share of peril, and she often woke up in the early hours of the night cycle, slick with sweat, eyes wide open in fear, ghost images dancing at the edges of her vision, taunting her and reminding her one last time of the dark things she had seen in her sleep. Her master knew that the nightmares had been keeping her up most of the time and had,in a rare moment of warmth, offered to ease the pain, to banish the haunting memories from her mind, to enable her to sleep peacefully again. She had staunchly refused any such relief, but he had never openly asked any explanation for it. Despite this, Tamar knew better than to think that he would choose to be willfully ignorant, even for such a trivial issue compared to the magnitude and importance of his own daily occupations. As a veteran Inquisitor and her personal mentor since a very young age, he knew everything he could about her. She doubted that anyone knew her better, and sometimes would go as far as believing that she didn't know herself as well as he did.

Dismissing her wandering thoughts, she slipped on the tank top that she had thrown on her chair earlier in the day and gracefully crossed the room, quickly unlocking the door as to inquire why she was being disturbed during the few hours she had for herself.

“Interrogator Tamar Vartanian, I presume?”

The unusually deep voice took her by surprise, but nothing had prepared her for the sheer mass of the being in front of her. Clad in [undefined]-coloured battle armour, he dwarfed her by a full metre and the former ganger was forced to look up at the bronzed face that was angled downwards to observe her. His piercing blue eyes betrayed a sharp mind and keen intelligence, in complete contrast with the massive physique that permitted him to do battle with the worst enemies of Mankind and live to fight on.

Throne, an Astartes.

As the Space Marine continued to gaze down at the interrogator, he allowed himself a short chuckle: it wasn't every day that he was able to see a young human female gaping up at him, her face expressing a mix of utter shock and awe.

“If only I had such an effect on my enemies. It would make killing them a much quicker process.”

This project is awesome, I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with. However I would like to join in on this little scheme of yours, if that's alright with you. I have had a hankering to write some Grimdark tales for the last few months but have never really had an excuse. This provides a perfect outlet for me.

If approved to join, I would love to bolster the Traitor Astartes with a tale of bloodshed. The battle for Kasr Holn shall be my setting and the characters shall be from the Black Legion (Most notably the Hounds of Abaddon, and the Sons of the Cyclops).

Archived