Hello happy.png

Having recently entered this years ETL, I realised that I don't currently have a Hall of Honour topic, so here it is. The first things to put into it are pictures of my Rainbow Warriors army. I was going to post pictures of them after I got around to basing them, but as that could be some time yet, I figured that I'd put them in as they are and then post a few examples of the bases once I've done. Eventually, I'll get around to doing the same for my Steel Wing army as well, although I have had more than a few thoughts about stripping them down and doing them again. I'll have to make a decision eventually.

Further down the line, I'll also be posting pictures of the few remaining minis I have from when I originally started in the hobby (circa 1988), including Leman Russ, a Bloodthirster and a few others. But for now, I present the Sons of Pochutec (Prism as their planet is really called):

Forgive the pictures - whilst I've found my proper camera, I have failed thus far to find the specific USB cable to be able to charge it dry.png Anyway...

Main group shot:

gallery_51296_6652_158118.jpg

Close up of Storm Talon (Perca Fluctus - Basswave msn-wink.gif ), Honoured Brother G'Urg, Chaplain Rustar on Cold One (counts as Chaplain on bike), Brother Captain Varagol, his Command squad and personal Razorback:

gallery_51296_6652_425728.jpg

Counts as Lysander (to be given a name), Chief Librarian Eh'Tor and Chapter Master (to be given a name) and two Devastator squads:

gallery_51296_6652_369598.jpg

Two Tactical squads and Assault combat squad (other part of unit will be bought and constructed soon, I hope happy.png ):

gallery_51296_6652_232972.jpg

Another group shot happy.png :

gallery_51296_6652_74187.jpg

I've started writing fluff for each unit, so further down the line I'll add it all in with better pictures of each squad/unit.

Thanks for looking! happy.png

Looking great! You've managed to complete quite a few units for the ETL, so congrats for that thumbsup.gif

ETL has been a great motivator for me this year, and I'm glad I persevered happy.png That said, I'd like to start a new army with a new colour and possible a different Codex, just for variety happy.png

I'm thinking of the following:

Flesh Tearers

Blood Drinkers

Flesh Eaters

Excoriators

Imperial Fists

Crimson Fists

And a few others. I make a "Decision", see a really cool/awesome WIP/HoH topic which makes me think about changing to another army. If I had the time and money, I'd do more than one, but I have to stick to one sad.png

Oh well, it just seems that the "One" hasn't found me yet laugh.png

Wow, looking good.

I think my favourite might be the Stormtalon. Never thought I'd be saying that, but there it is.teehee.gif

EDIT:

Steel Wings get my vote if you're looking to do another army. Go Liber!tongue.png

Thanks happy.png

The Storm Talon - yeah, I must admit that I wasn't too keen on the model either, until I actually saw one. It hasn't been used in a game yet, but regardless of whether I ever use it, I love the model now smile.png

As for the mention of the Steel Wings. I have about 1k army for them already and over time they'll get more like the Rainbow Warriors. However, I've just had an idea for what I really want to do, although I still want another official Chapter.

I won't reveal it here, but announce it on my general purpose WIP topic when I've worked out the details... (Ace, it's another DIY of mine, but with a twist msn-wink.gif )

Everything looks great but have to say the Razorback is my favorite didn't think I would say that about a tank:teehee: tongue.png .

I'm very pleased how it came out. It's not that visible, but I took a suggestion and painted a rainbow on the front right of the vehicle. Once I've found the usb cable for my proper camera and charge it, I'll take better close ups of everything smile.png

Archived