victrix 30% sale

J.D.C101

If you used them surely that would to keep the muskets? They could just be autoguns that looks like muskets :P The slight difference in scaling could be an issue, but you're always running on opponent's consent when you roll out something radically different. Though you could easily argue the whole game is built on the concept of opponent's consent anyway...

Hmm. I do need 100 Guardsmen... but have no room and a fractious wife. 

Is 30% off worth the ear-bashing? 

I'm not sure if I like these guys more than Mantic's Corporation. Victrix is cheaper, but Mantic's £100 deal would give me the same number of dudes and enough parts to convert six Sabre Platforms too. 

Well with £100 you could get a box of artillery for the Brits to convert to saber gunners, then 4-5 boxes of infantry to give you 200-250+ infantry...even a wife cannot moan at that price...though might moan at almost 300 models now littering every corner of the house.

Tempting, but I simply don't need that many Guardsmen. I'm also not keen to be seen to support colonial Britain. I'm rather embarrassed by our past. I'm even less keen to rock a French army, given our history with our Gallic Brothers and the Austrians look too much like Droogs.

The Mantic guys also come with weapons that are passable as lasguns/autocannons and lascannons, which, coincidentally, is how I want my six Sabre Platforms to be armed. This is kind of a big deal because I'm lazy and have no discernable talent for modelling.

The Mantic guys are a weird scale compared to GW's Guardsmen though. They're the same height, roughly, but skinnier.

Archived