What level do Sisters start to lag?

xFallenx

Hey Guys, I’m driving out to see a friend over the Aug long weekend and am planning on bringing my sisters. It looks like that are going to be three of us playing, which could be all of us going head to head, or 2vs.1 depending on the points. As I’ll be at his place, all I’ll have available will be what I bring with me. I have 2,700 total sisters (at least one unit of everything), as well as some Grey Knights, access to some IG & a bit of time to pick up a kit if needed.

So, my question is, at a 2.5K level, what are the sisters lacking to be competitive? Psykers? Armour? Combat? Long Range?  Or is it simply a D6 faith points to unit ratio?

I'd say the biggest issue for me with Sisters is the lack of range and speed.  We have lots of killy stuff but getting it where it needs to be can be tricky when it is so fragile.  That said, I do not believe sisters ever really tail off.  One of the good things about such high point games is that instead of deciding between all the good units, you can just take all of them.  I've found that my army doesn't really need faith points that much (though of course they are a nice bonus), judging by my atrocious luck of late (1 FP per turn for 8/11 turns accross my last 2 games.  That is WITH Uriah's re-roll.) or when I always, ALWAYS fail to get the act of faith to go off (despite having a simulcrum and needing a 3+. my Retributors have only succeeded their faith test once in the past 2 games.)

Long story short; take what is good about sisters at low point levels, and then take more of them!

Bang on 2000 points is the weak point.  Sisters do not have a cheap Troop option like scouts or cultists to fill in the 4th requirement for the double FOC so everywhere eles you want to stack on a few more options feels the pinch.  At 2500 points, 4 full squads are the norm and you can still field 3 Dominions and 2 Seraphim or 4 Exorcists, a Retributor squad and a squadron of Penitent Engines.

Thanks All. I think I may be able to split the force into two indipendant ones as far as the faith points.

Bang on 2000 points is the weak point.  Sisters do not have a cheap Troop option like scouts or cultists to fill in the 4th requirement for the double FOC so everywhere eles you want to stack on a few more options feels the pinch.  At 2500 points, 4 full squads are the norm and you can still field 3 Dominions and 2 Seraphim or 4 Exorcists, a Retributor squad and a squadron of Penitent Engines.

Not having a cheap core unit to take removes a lot of flexibility in the effect that has on our other units....very interesting, and now that it's said, totally valid.

Thanks guys. That's given me a bit to think about. I have two weeks to prep for the trip, so I'll take some time to work some lists.

Archived