Deutsch Korps of Krieg

teblin

Hello all, I'm beginning a DKOK army with WW2 German miniatures, the model here is a Warlord Games 28mm Panther in a historical 3-tone striped camo, my first attempt at a free-hand scheme. This tank will likely be a proxy for a Leman Russ Vanquisher, but I may stick some heavy bolters on the turret and use it as a standard Battle Tank.

I'll be using 1/56 scale (28mm with more realistic proportions) Wehrmacht figures for Guardsmen, and gas mask helmeted heads from Pig Iron productions. As for weapons, I'll likely stick to the WW2 stuff they come with. Kar98ks make good lasguns and Panzerfausts for melta guns. DKOK can also have Heavy Stubbers in their squads and I have MG42s for those.

I'll have an update with the infantry eventually.

1167681_605883446129162_795688767_o.jpg

Got any scale comparisons for them? I've got some Wermacht green(ish) Steel Legion i'm trying to decide how to repaint, and getting some actual Panzers for them would be pretty fun :)

perry miniatures is currently working on plastic wehrmacht models as well. given the size of their war of the roses models i think those could be used to represent a more actual scale force if that's what you're looking for.

I like the paint sheme btw, it's very similar to mine, which is also the german 3-tone camo although i used a more kaki brown

Perry's DAK will be 'realistically proportioned' unlike 'heroic' GW. I love their desert rats and am always keen to see their new stuff.

While the infantry might be passable in casual gaming circles, the vehicles are totally different shapes/sizes. Do you play bolt action at all? If not, i'd suggest looking at that before converting a WW2 collection for 40K.

@Angelus: I dont have a large WW2 collection, the Panther and the 60 German infantry (which cost about $50) are all I have, I don't play any WW2 tabletop, these purchases were made for 40K in mind as I had the Codex and I wanted a Guard army! tongue.png

@WarriorFish: I'll likely be using a very late-war (February 1945 onwards) pattern called Leibermuster: http://camopedia.org/images/thumb/e/eb/Germanytr6.jpg/650px-Germanytr6.jpg

The 1/56 minis were a deliberate choice. Realistic scaled infantry is smaller, and represents Guardsmen better (especially alongside the likes of Orks, Marines etc.) It also fits the scale of the tanks.

I have indeed simplified it, I've kept the three colours but the splotches are more 'splotchy' and without the complex shapes.

In response to your question, I can't really say, it's somewhere inbetween. I'd like them to be DKOK Guardsmen, but I'm also using models that don't exist in the 40K universe. I suppose it's more DIY thanks to the WW2 minis, but I'll be using the FW Death Korps rules.

Sounds ripe for a DIY regiment to me smile.png The best bit about forging your own army is that you can make them as close to the "counts as" original as you like, so if you really wanted you could have them identical except for their camouflage and heraldry as it gives you room to tweak a bit should the mood take you (and the ultimate counter to anyone boorish enough to try to force their opinion of the army's behaviour upon you).

Your regiment's banners should have bubbles on though, just so we're clear laugh.png

Archived