Phalanx Warder

HQ: Legion praetor (paragon blade, volkite ) 130pts

Elite: Legion comtemptor talon:

Contemptor "mortis pattern" 205pts

Contemptor (MM/DCCW) 175pts

Contemptor (kereas assault cannon/DCCW) 190pts

Troops: 10 man tactical squad 150pts

10 man tactical squad 150pts

This is what I currently have, I know i need to buff up in he troop department looking at a total of 3 X20 tac squads with one been a legion breacher siege squad by the release of a book containing Imperial Fist rule sets.

Any advice on how to expand this list in a fluffy manner? Cheers for the advice

• 2 weeks later...

I would swap out 2 of the Contemptors for other stuff. First, I would:

1) Bulk out the Tactical Squads.

2) Add a Predator/Heavy Support Squad

3) Get the Praetor a bodyguard/transport so he isn't just footslogging it with the grunts. Alternatively, swap him out for a juiced up Primus Medicae, to give the Tactical Squad real staying power.

• 1 month later...

Okay an update to this list

HQ: Praetor (MC Paragon blade and Arneotech(sp?) pistol

Elite:
Legion comtemptor talon:
Contemptor "mortis pattern with contemptor missle launcher"
Contemptor (MM/DCCW)

Legion Contemptor talon:
Contemptor (converson beamer/DCCW)
Contemptor (Heavy bolter/DCCW)

Troops:
20 Man Tactical Squad
20 Assault Squad

Heavy Support:
Legion Predator executor (this will expand to become a Legion Strike Armour Squadron)
legion Sicaran Battle tank

I do not have Book 2 so can anyone tell me what Force Org slot the legion Sicaran Battle tank fills

So how is this shaping up?

Contemptor-Mortis Pattern cannot take missile launchers, and takes up an entire Elites choice by itself (cannot be part of a Talon).  Sicaran is a heavy support choice and cannot be fielded in squadrons like the Predator.  It does, however, cost about as much as a trilas predator in stock form, and it can take sponson upgrades for similar costs to those that Legion Predators can take.

Contemptor-Mortis Pattern cannot take missile launchers, and takes up an entire Elites choice by itself (cannot be part of a Talon).  Sicaran is a heavy support choice and cannot be fielded in squadrons like the Predator.  It does, however, cost about as much as a trilas predator in stock form, and it can take sponson upgrades for similar costs to those that Legion Predators can take.

Thanks for the info brother good to know!

I think from your latest list you're looking at much more than 1000 points, but I couldn't be arsed to add it all up and see what you were building for.  I tried to put something together that had both the IF flavor and your preference for dreadnoughts.  It's 1000 points even.

Centurion

Artificer Armor, Refractor Field, Power Fist, Combi-weapon

Contemptor-Mortis

2 Twin Linked Autocannons

Contemptor Dreadnought

DCCW, Twin-Linked Bolter, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

20 man Legion Breacher Squad

Legion Vexilla, Sergeant with Artificer Armor, Combi-Weapon, Meltabombs

10 man Legion Tactical Squad

Legion Vexilla, Sergeant with Artificer Armor, Combi-Weapon, Meltabombs

As far as I am aware, IF have a preference for Breacher Squads/boarding shields.  So I made sure to include a big block of them.  I demoted your Praetor to a Centurion, to afford some more wargear at this lower points limit.  I gave him a Power Fist for AP2 and because, well... Imperial [bold]Fists[/bold].  Change that if you want.  Combi-weapon so he can join the Breacher Squad and lay out the hurt with them.  It's up to you whether you want it to be combiplasma/melta/flamer/bolter.

Squeezed in two dreadnoughts.  The Contemptor-Mortis with two Twin-Linked Autocannons is some strong anti-air and anti-rhino.  The Contemptor Dreadnought has a pretty vanilla loadout.  Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons can double as anti-tank in a pinch (and DCCW can do it in a smash), so long as you can get in range with it.  You might want to free up points by dropping some upgrades off the sergeants and maybe putting a different ranged weapon on the Contemptor, like a Lascannon.  Entirely up to you, but between the two sergeants there are 50 points worth of upgrades that are not strictly necessary.

Expanding towards 1500, you can bulk out the tactical squad with another 10 marines to bring it up to 20, then add your Sicaran and Predator Executioner (and probably still have about 70 points left over, depending on upgrades).

Archived